Deathball Etiquette Codex

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Mayer.hun

Deathball Etiquette Codex

Post by Mayer.hun »

So here's the deal... we know that there are many noobs sometimes on pub servers right? I know some of u can't stand em... I am personally know that I have to be patient with em, since We also started all this back there as noobs... But sometimes I lose my temper too, and cannot stop :/

So... I think there should be an Etiquette Codex for Deathball... Just an Online stuff. We should collect some Points of it here, (if u like the idea). These should be Rules that are not that Strict ruls... they are just written to make players a bit more polite (I don't mean u have to make an excuse when u kill your opponent :) I just want less omfg open net goals, and less "it's VO u noob!" "fuck off! It's VO!"...

I just started to think about some points, to show u what I exactly mean:

1, say sth like Hello when u enter a server
2, after entering a server u should ask, if the current game is VO or not.
3, Stop play when the teams get unballanced (someone leaves or so...)
4, if U spawn as keeper, U stay there (yes... it's hard to prevent noobs from braking this :D)
5, Give ball back when someone gets bugged and looses the ball.
6, Scoring on Open Net goals when your enemy has one player less, or there are relatively few players on a big map, is unpolite.

And on and on...

What do u guys think?
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

7. Don't play on pubs.
NitrousOxide

Re: Deathball Etiquette Codex

Post by NitrousOxide »

Mayer.hun wrote: 3, Stop play when the teams get unballanced (someone leaves or so...)
Now that has good potential to be added to the DB code as an option during server setup!

If someone leaves, the game pauses for say 10 seconds, giving the player that left a chance to return after perhaps getting a bug.
If nobody comes in during the pause and the player numbers are uneven, a random player is then forced to swap teams, so that the losing team has the extra player... and they can't simply chose to swap back!
Play then continues and all is wonderful \o/
Noko

Post by Noko »

No no NO...

That would simply be too annoying... maybe it's just me, but having the game pause like that in the middle of a game would just be... naff.
I agree with the whole etiquette thing (someone calls "teams" and a polite player swaps, usually the last person to join the larger team) but pausing the game would irritate me.
Does anyone care that much about playing in pubs? I play in them for fun...
But yeah... etiquette idea is a nice one. No-one likes an impolite noob, even if they don't have a clue they're being impolite... This would help them grow into valued members of the deathball community.
bURNINGrOID

Post by bURNINGrOID »

"7. Don't play on pubs."

8. Watch the game die. =P
Maegrim

Post by Maegrim »

If nobody comes in during the pause and the player numbers are uneven, a random player is then forced to swap teams, so that the losing team has the extra player...
who says someone from the winning team can't leave?
Sqleaf

Re: Re: Deathball Etiquette Codex

Post by Sqleaf »

NitrousOxide wrote: If someone leaves, the game pauses for say 10 seconds, giving the player that left a chance to return after perhaps getting a bug.
Yea, the idiots who score owngoals and timeout holding the ball as keeper on purpose would have a field day with this one. Join>leave|10sec pause>join>leave|10sec pause.

Good idea, but unfortunaly it would be abused.
absuga

Post by absuga »

any worse idea =\ ?
ACE-ICH

Post by ACE-ICH »

pauses the game nice, 1000 pauses in 1 game
point 2 = ohohoh:confused:
gameservers 2 is vo the other server no
then all players say its vo its ok
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

The topic is not about how to improve gameplay with codes and stuffs like that... It's about an etiquette codex or sth...

Anyways I don't agree with this pausing thing... it just sucks if the game gets paused automatically 10000 times / game...
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

maybe it can only be paused on the bug command and exit :blabla: anyway, its common sense... to be fair and nice :) (not if you're English tho :))
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

im still for the tutorial idea, in there u can explain these rules so they HAVE to see it if they watch tutorials
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

i HATE number 2, there is a vo setting, if its not on, fuck vo :P
Noko

Post by Noko »

Yeah... If VO isn't on then there's no way to enforce the majority rule, except kicking... hehe, always fun to see someone try to get back into the server again.
nameless

Post by nameless »

ACE-ICH wrote: pauses the game nice, 1000 pauses in 1 game
point 2 = ohohoh:confused:
gameservers 2 is vo the other server no
then all players say its vo its ok

indeed. I hate vo anyway. But when i join a normal server, play there for 5 mins and shoot a goal, someone barks at me that it s vo and i m the biggest n00b. As long as it is on the 3dg-server it s no prob

---> :ban:

but on tv1 for expample it suxx ass. If everyone wants VO fine, but if noone tells me about it and then flaming me cos i shot a goal is just rediculous.

As i hate VO, i m getting sick of people asking for VO. Get to a VO-server in that case. But NEVER EVER flame someone for playing normal on a non-vo-server!