pbox camping + shoot power?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

f1end

Post by f1end »

Good idea, but won't increasing the "shake time" make it just as hard to get a shot off as it is now?
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

Speaking as a hardcore sweeper.....

I like it, do it, do it now.

Longer charge time gives me a longer time to get close and hit him. Harder shots mean that pbox campers will have to come out a few yards and do some propper defending. Super.

You done it yet? what!? why not?

Oh, and this will of course mean that 1st fire button passing speeds will be quicker which means teams need faster boosting. Horay for better teamplay.

I believe the expression is: gg DavidM :)
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

Call me skeptical, but I can't see these modifications changing the tactics of a vast majority of attackers... They will still volley most shots!
Imo

Post by Imo »

Good idea DavidM. Not sure about the longer shake time though. But GG.
Mayer.hun

Post by Mayer.hun »

NitrousOxide has right.... in a part...

But I think this change maybe won't change volleywhores into roberto carloses, but those who can't really volley or prefer normal shots betetr, will get a better advantage now... and so they will be called dickheadz and noobs and lame even more :P I just hate those keeps who call me a dickhead after I shoot a normal shot in 1on1 :/
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

NitrousOxide wrote: Call me skeptical, but I can't see these modifications changing the tactics of a vast majority of attackers... They will still volley most shots!

Even if the fully-charged shot is more powerful than a volley? But what do I know, I shoot more than I volley anyway...
UrbanKilla

Post by UrbanKilla »

more power would be guud

since u need to be near pbox to do a shoot under 0.52 s to avoid keeper volley, it s so easy to pbox camp and wait

with more power def ll need to step forward to try to stop shooter and make more space for other attacker to get into pbox

well maybe that soluce maybe can get rid if multiple keeper
when u ll be near goal and shoot ball have more chance to be deflected and not catched by the 2 or 3 keeper and with more power def ll be to far to run back to keeper line so i think more power = good

more shake time isn t good as we need a very good timing to do a shoot on 1vs1 , more shake = attacker ll lost every time against a def on 1 vs 1 or ll have to wait another att to help him (slow game)

so do it
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

-plær- wrote: Even if the fully-charged shot is more powerful than a volley?
I've said for a while that in my opinion, max volley speed is too high. The attacker already gets the advantage of an instant shot rather than a second of charging, so I don't see why volleys should travel at 40-odd m/s.

How about we get max volley speed reduced to 35 m/s, along with these changes to charged shots, maybe even a reduction in the volley radius aswell (to stop obsurd interceptions)?:p
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

To be honest, you want a good balance between the two: if one's more powerful than the other then the attacker's choice is fairly limited. If there's more options (and I mean realistic options, not freak options like the boostgoals of yore), then the game's more interesting and fun to play. You don't want to end up making volleys completely useless...
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

DavidM wrote: my concern is the powerup sound :)
i can stretch it a bit, but this could confuse people (but they readept to it in a few days)

i cannot just make it go a little higher, i dont have the sources and i am not good with sound editing /o\

I can try and make some charge sounds, just lemme know how long the sound needs to be exactly. I love playing with sound :P
jet2lag

Post by jet2lag »

good idea david but as some1 said before - increase the shake time a bit too ...
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

NitrousOxide wrote: Call me skeptical, but I can't see these modifications changing the tactics of a vast majority of attackers...
Probably not, but this change is being made to force pbox campers to move further out. Not to change attackers tactics.

As for the shaking/buzz period you should only need to increase that by half the time u intend to add to the charge time.

Example: Chargetime increased by 0.2 = shaketime increased by 0.1

That way the balance is kept and defenders (doing thier job properly) and attackers should be happy with this tweak.
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I think this might reignite some of my liking of the non VO aspect of db ;) I mostly got outa it becaude I (because i suck) need to be right up just enterting or on the edge of the pbox to get a shot in the net. and this is usually only cuz the goalie makes a mistake and either dodges at me. or just takes a bad angle

so gg (from my NA Pub Gaming mind)
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

Q: after this has changed, if i charge a shot for 1.25s would it be the same as a fully charged shot as it is now?
Messy

Post by Messy »

If u charge a shot for an amount of time now, and u charge it for the same amount of time after the change, the amount of power will be the same.

U'll still need to get some serious space tho, because any1 can follow you for a 2nd hit, and u still wont get the faster shot out.

Altho I guess that's exactly what is good because it will force defenders out (meaning it will be pretty much useless if ppl have adapted ;p it's a great high-chance-and-very-fair-scoring-chance for when defenders make mistakes tho).

Ooh the more i think of it the better it is :) adds more complexity to attacking (a bit) and more skill to defending :o

All in all..jr might start scoring more now :D so gg davidm.
BL44T wrote: oh gg gs.net for disabling HTML? :/

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/