DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya not in this thread -_-
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

-plær- wrote: I agree with Onge, but not Sqleaf or David :p

Tsk, you are so dis-agreeable!!

Back on topic... for a change.

If you were to shorten the distance that the charge-up sound was heard then it would more difficult to predict what your team-mate is intending to do.

Example: Your in the middle of the pbox waiting for a nifty looking cross. Now, coz u can't hear any charging you jump but the cross never comes, or comes too late for you to volly at a decent height.

Example 2: Your running at the defense looking to back-volly a decent pass floating over your head, but you're too far away to hear any charge sound and you therefore miss the chance/cock it up.

I don't think there is a problem as it is at the moment but as a defender it wouldn't make my job any harder or easier. Infact it may make it slightly easier as the attcking players will find it harder to judge where the ball is going, and at what speed it will arrive.
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

The sound distance was affected in one of the beta versions a while back...it was HORRIBLE. It just leads to not knowing what the fook is going on, the ball flies about and u dont know if its a primary or secondary.

Keep it the way it is, has been, always will be. I don't see many complaining that they can hear the charge sound too much.
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

gemXX wrote: The sound distance was affected in one of the beta versions a while back...it was HORRIBLE.
Ooooo blimey. Yea i remember that. You could hear every charge sound at full volume from anywhere on the pitch. Made it a bit of an ear-bashing version. Especially when you got that bug (the one where its forever charging). Had to play that version with my earphones off, could still hear though.
Onge

Post by Onge »

The worst beta(?) was where you could barely hear the guy right next to you charging up as it was so ridiciously quiet. I think the balance now is good.
Messy

Post by Messy »

How bout standard distance from where u can hear it would be just so that a sweeper standing in the middle of the pzone could hear everything in it and slightly around it and your teamies all can hear it?

Sounds quite logical and sensible to me =\
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

I guess it would be ok to allow teammates to hear it but still have the limitation of hearing on the enemy unless they are close to the person charging up. However, it doesnt seem as realistic and balanced that way. Both teams should be able to hear and see things the same probably.

But i don't really buy the fact that it would be harder for teammates to tell what's going on. For the most part the offense is pretty aware of their teammates and have an eye on what's happening because they need to wait for the pass or shot. It's the defense who usually is busy marking up that might not be paying attention as much to the ball carrier.

What i don't like right now is that once u charge everyone knows it's coming and it's so easy to just spam it away. If we had a situation where the defense was marking up but the offense was facing the carrier and could see the ball coming we'd have more opportunity for some cool primary fire plays.

It's just like any sport where you can't hear a pass coming.. if the defense is not looking they are vulnerable to getting beat by some nice eye contact play between the offense. Imo it just gives the defense more to think about but still allowing them with enough skill to shut down the opponent. And most importantly i think it opens up opportunity for some cooler prim pass plays since it's not so damn obvious whats about to happen.

Ok, well how bout this as a possible solution... maybe we just have small noise or beep when the prim fire shot is actually released?? this way everyone knows the ball was just fired but you don't hear the charge up and know it was coming a second earlier. Of course we'd still keep it so that ppl could hear the charge up if they were close enough.

Maybe the whole idea is wrong and it's best the way it is now but i'd still like to at least try it this way and see what effect it has instead of theorizing instantly that it won't be good.
Messy

Post by Messy »

We already have a little 'release' sound (can't really find the words to describe it =\), it's ok to use that and implement orbituls idea.

Meh i say u let us try it out if we get the time to for the next betatesting.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

orb are craza ALT FIRE FOR PASS!!! n00b :-p
Imo

Post by Imo »

1.7 had it right.