Possible Compromise

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

cor it takes two ppl to boost.... lets do the math. one person with the ball you (you can't pass to yourself)ok that is 1 person who can't be open, two ppl boosting that is 2 ppl you can't pass to. so that leaves you with what? i whole two ppl that you could pass to one of them being the keeper and that is a risky pass, so quite possibly you have ONE person to pass to and if the d is good it can be hard for a person to get open if the d isn't focusing on stopping the boost like they don't have to becuase of the lack of penix.
Last edited by theberkin8or on 01-11-2003 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
liebs19

Post by liebs19 »

Another possible option is having the "pass to player in the air" feature be an option like sprinting. That way the NA community can keep it on if they want and the euro community can turn it off.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

theberkin8or wrote: soon the picker on O will learn to cover the pass back becuase we will be forced to use it more not to meantion that when boosting everyone is in a pig group generally near the center of the field which blocks the pass to the keeper

Something ive been doing for months because of the way some scrims are played. :)
InSaNe`DB
Banned

Post by InSaNe`DB »

Birelli wrote: Why is passing to a boosted player important for moving the ball up the field quickly? o_O

You just wait until they land or pass using primary fire to where they are going to land (if you know the player well enough to predict this). Either way, the speed of the break is only marginally slowed by not being able to pass to a player in the air, and it stops cheap broomstick tricks, so I don't see why it even needs to be modified.

^^

But honestly.. Whos fault is it that the offense can boost each other? The other team; in my eyes they opposing team should play better D (I have no clue why liebs is talking they have teh wesal) and stop the other teams boosting it's THAT SIMPLE.

But if that is not possible then the best thing to do is charge the ball towards the person who got boosted. I understand that on some tight spots it's hard to charge but having the right mind; and the right timing you should be able pull it off.

Oh yeah and berk Birelli's from NY :P

What part Bir?
madmansk

Post by madmansk »

liebs19 wrote: Another possible option is having the "pass to player in the air" feature be an option like sprinting. That way the NA community can keep it on if they want and the euro community can turn it off.

*cough* I think he's got my vote
InSaNe`DB
Banned

Post by InSaNe`DB »

LOL

You act davidm gives 2 flying rats ass.

He won't do it unless euro community wants to..

Don't talk to us liebberman. Talk to teh EUROS!
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Yay for options

option this
option that

Can't you boost the def away and catch a pass? >:\
madmansk

Post by madmansk »

Just because you don't see it as something you want, doesn't mean our community has the same feelings about the subject... on the subject of options, I am of the firm belief that the more options you add to a game, the more customizable it becomes, hence allowing more people to become involved in something, because it suits their taste. I dont really appreciate that all you seem to do is shoot down any idea that could have a positive effect on the north american deathball community, who are you to know what our needs are? who are you to decide what we can and cannot have in a game that we too play, albiet slightly differently... You have no right...
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

Did you even read what I said?
madmansk

Post by madmansk »

I took your post as being somewhat sarcastic, if it wasn't, I apologize... but the rest of my post still holds viable information on the way most, but not all, of us north american deathballers feel
BurntLeaf
Banned

Post by BurntLeaf »

I was sarcastic on the options bit, I guess they could be put it, but if so many options are in, why not get a new game? :E

I was serious on the boost def away part >:\
InSaNe`DB
Banned

Post by InSaNe`DB »

hahah burntleaf got burnt...o_O

madman BURNT IS JUICE LEADAR OI DONT FUCK WITH HIM!!! :P

yes yes idd weed has contaminated my bodeh therefore disabling my brqain for the moment when stoned gets of i nmight think here n there
madmansk

Post by madmansk »

or instead of having all those options cluttering up the menus... why not have a North American DeathBall Mutator, to configure deathball to a means more suitable for our style of play?
InSaNe`DB
Banned

Post by InSaNe`DB »

madman welcome to begining of db

davidm doesnt get affected if na players dont play the last thing he needs are whiny americans. he doesn't care as long as it suits the majority of the people he's fine and dandy.

that's why i'm saying get the friggin euros to help us out on this one.
Catalyst88

Post by Catalyst88 »

InSaNe`DB wrote: that's why i'm saying get the friggin euros to help us out on this one.

*ahem*