DB 1.9 CHAnges

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

gemXX

Post by gemXX »

I meant that all those calling for boosttrick to be removed will be happy when they play 1.9, not literally that they are all happily playing 1.9 this second...
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

how about this at least lets us pass to a boosted player that is @ quad jump hieght (or if you were really nice a little above: aka set pass limit to just the point where if the defender quad jumps he can hit the player who is recieving the ball) imo this would solve some problems

imo this would remove all clames that any move of this type was "unstoppable" becuase the player will never be high enough to not be touched.

whatca think?
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Yes, true, but you only have teh opinions of europeans. Try to include us once in a while before you open your mouth. If you would see how we play here, we are much more fast paced. In euro pickups its slow.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

theberkin8or wrote: how about this at least lets us pass to a boosted player that is @ quad jump hieght (or if you were really nice a little above: aka set pass limit to just the point where if the defender quad jumps he can hit the player who is recieving the ball) imo this would solve some problems

whatca think?

Right, why pass back when you have a chance to pass forward to a teamate who boosted past the sweeper?
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

Originally posted by Catalyst88
The style of play is very, very different, so in a way you're wrong :)

Hrumpff fair enough :) but isn't that thier choice? And these changes still affect everyone.

Originally posted by gemXX
Sqleaf, plz share your leet tactics of stopping 300ft high boosts 100% of the time.

leet? moi? Not at all. You just need to use forsight and pre-planning. And no defensive tactics work 100% of the time. That would be silly, there'd be no goals at all.

------------

Just like to point out my original post. I havn't said that removing boostricks and special moves is a terrible thing. I just said that it worried me slightly that these optional moves were being removed. Are future creative moves going to be removed because people have trouble defending them? Or have trouble performing them?

[Getting rather lengthy this thread. I've done more posts in here than I have in the total forums. Admittedly thats only about 12 but hey :) ]
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

I'll hafta agree with twigster here, i'm a non league player too. and it deffinately seems like all these choices are made based on league play.

Passing to a boosted player is a stradigy, if the problem is a boosted player scoring with too fast a shot too close, why not try somthing differnt, like crease rules... no shots or vollys within the small part of the goalie box? (you can still TD tho)

I don't see much of a problem with this move tho, atleast not on public servers.

I see the redirrect being used with almost too much ease of a few players that just rock my sox, smote, ven, alias...
--

but overall i just see the no pass to a boosted player hurting the game alot more then helping. ::shrugs:: I don't whore these moves, but i think some of them atleast make the game a little interesting also
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

sqleaf, a perfect defence that makes no mistakes should have a cleansheet. With boostgoals it is possible to score without the def making a mistake. An attackers job is to make defenders make mistakes.
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

gemXX wrote: sqleaf, a perfect defence that makes no mistakes should have a cleansheet. With boostgoals it is possible to score without the def making a mistake. An attackers job is to make defenders make mistakes.
Ok then, didn't realize u meant a perfect set of defenders that make no mistakes. In that case yes, it is possible to stop boostgoals and boostricks 100% of the time. Unfortunatly there are no perfect defenders.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

if you played true man to man d yes you could stop boosting goals pretty much everytime (asuming you were damn good) and remember guys boost goals are far from a sure goal i have seen many a penix miss or get caught.

"how about this at least: lets us pass to a boosted player that is @ quad jump hieght (or if you were really nice a little above: aka set pass limit to just the point where if the defender quad jumps he can hit the player who is recieving the ball) imo this would solve the problems"

so what do ppl think about my idea? i think it is far and equal solution that solves all the said problems and creates world peace (:p about the last part). seem to me it would solve Euro's whoring problem while not fucking with balance of NA that much

or we could just remove boost all to together and play 6 v 6 ( i actually like this idea but it seems i am the only one :-p)
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

theberkin8or wrote: or we could just remove boost all to together and play 6 v 6 ( i actually like this idea but it seems i am the only one :-p)

Not a bad optional idea. Call it DeathBall Extreme maybe :)
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

Sqleaf wrote: ...a perfect set of defenders that make no mistakes. In that case yes, it is possible to stop boostgoals and boostricks 100% of the time.

wrong.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I completely agree with Twigstir.

Before DB 1.8, the OzForces server (our Australian server) almost always had people in it. We didn't have a league at the time, though we did have a 2v2 contest. There was usually a newcomer every now and then, that kept playing DB.

Since 1.8 though, I've noticed that our server has been empty a lot of the time, and it has been a rarity for me to see more than six people in the server at one time. The only times I've seen more people in the server than this, have been for league matches. We have had a couple of n00bs start playing the game, but they were soon to disappear.

This certainly says something about how popular casual Deathball was in comparison to league play.
Sqleaf

Post by Sqleaf »

gemXX wrote: wrong.
Care to elaborate on that at all?
gemXX

Post by gemXX »

I already did in a previous post that you mis-read.

I'll keep waiting for you to share these unique tactics that allow a defender to stop enemy boosting into the air 100% of the time.
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Man to man defense is 90% effective to stop boost tricks...