Very Odd Bug

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DiStUrbeD

Very Odd Bug

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Of all the bugs in deathball, this one has to be the weirdest

it happened twice (in the same game) and after it happened, we just restarted the map and it was fine.

Anyway, it happened to Hoju, and to berk during a scrim with rush, first berk was killed off of the spawn, he dropped the ball and everything like normal, but...he was still there.

Half of his body was there, he gibbed, but was still alive (he went on to say how he had -20 health)

So we shrugged it off, figuring it was one of those bugs that would fix itself as the game goes along, then the same happened to Hoju as he was killed in our pbox.

His body lay on the ground, and he said he was stuck or something, so i hit him with my hammer...his body rebuilt itself, and he hopped around, with only a leg and a half and some hips

here's a screenie:

i have NO IDEA what caused this bug...maybe hax...maybe gg davidm, but whatever it is, it was odd, and i had never seen that before.
Onge

Post by Onge »

:lol:
Sequa

Post by Sequa »

funny bug :>
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

speakin of bugs, this is a fun db-curve bug, lets u walk on the walls \o/
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Unless when you restarted the map again with the wrong name, you shouldn't have gotten that bug. There is somewhat a hax if you say change a map from lowcube to sharkhavingsexwifsin. The map will automatically regress back to lowcube and have model statues. Futher, if you kill a player, it seems that they are not dead and have only a few limbs.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

OMG @ ZOMBIES :S
Messy

Post by Messy »

Fallen is right, it's fun coz u can confuse ppl and just walk on (as long as u dont jump, u'll get stuck untill u have 0 or more health again) and do a td =D teehee (last two words rhyme ^^;)

Now for some semi-quasi-pseudo-leet screenshots:

:lol: (<-- well no actually, u can slap me if u want)

ps: those are all (almost) zombies created by the bug :o ö o: o

edit: This also goes into effect during a servertravel/switch, while the white location "ip/map" is showed, discovered this when during this period some1 got hit by a ball in gibball =D It's fun, a few limbs get chopped off and u can hold the ball O_o.. (well actually it's not *that* much fun but meh.. :confused: )
Last edited by Messy on 15-10-2003 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
BaD)DB
Banned

Post by BaD)DB »

:lol:
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

lol , really nice , gj !!!
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

gg messy, u had alot of time on ur hands
speedy

Post by speedy »

its a ut2003 bug when you try to switch to a map but you spelled it wrong :)
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

Fallen wrote: Unless when you restarted the map again with the wrong name, you shouldn't have gotten that bug. There is somewhat a hax if you say change a map from lowcube to sharkhavingsexwifsin. The map will automatically regress back to lowcube and have model statues. Futher, if you kill a player, it seems that they are not dead and have only a few limbs.

i dont remember if i typed it right (was a few days ago) but im pretty sure i did.

If i didnt, that was probably the problem, thanks.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

nope berk changed maps and didn't spell it right on purpose mb dis :-p
horus-one

Post by horus-one »

bForceDefaultCharacter=False

kthx
speedy

Post by speedy »

horus-one wrote: bForceDefaultCharacter=False

kthx
no