DB-Orbitally

Look for maps, show your maps...

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Messy

Post by Messy »

oi that was fast ;) gg :D

edit: I just played the map and it's actually pretty good =)

It's pretty small, yet if u include the raised thingies with the lifts (;)) in the game well, it's quite big, and it adds just that little bit of complexity.

As for ppl like davidm: This time u can not judge the map by screens, all the sloped bits and oddly shaped walls etc. are all flat to the ball and it bounces off nicely, u also cant access the area behind the goal (where the slopes could have been a nice gimmick :(), the pzone is just a cube actually, the only thing i would really miss is no space to the side of the pzone.

One thing I would like to miss would be the slightly sloped parts that go to the mid @ ball-spawn, which creates a bit of spam ^^;

There's also the 'done-before' idea of giving walls @ corners two 45 degrees corners and an angled wall, so people can shoot balls @ them with 90 degrees for volley assists.
This tho has been put further away from the goal, so it's less abusable and I really don't get why it's been put in, altho i guess it might be ok for confusing passes.

All in all it's a decent map, and it's really not that gimmicky and unplayable as people would think (altho i suggest making the mid part a bit less dense). It's not a real map for league play because of the lifts and raised parts etc. but will probably be lots of fun playing =)

One final note: maaake me more maps krake >____<
Last edited by Messy on 10-10-2003 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I love this map, it makes a very nice change. The only real suggestion I have, is that you lighten the red team's portion of the radar, as the red players can become camoflaged against it.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

The penalty box is quite small, this gives the offence way to big an advantage.

I not a fan of the center line red/blue lights. My opinion, but I don't like it's looks. I also don't like the team color lights on the side that flash. It's not the lights. I don't like the way they flash. I think a slower pluse would look better.

I have not played a lot yet. My first impressions on gameplay are that the map might be too small for it's layout. The center area is very small and gameplay will become nuts I think with the ball bouncing all over hell. That just my first impression, but it seem very tight for the layout.

It's a very interesting map and I need to play some more. Just wanted to share my first impressions to give you some feedback.
Messy

Post by Messy »

I haven't exactly tried it with more players yet :( but...

How bout allowing ppl to betatest it on your server twiggy? ;) :p

I'm sure u would support a fellow mapper? ^^;
Last edited by Messy on 20-10-2003 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

Sometime in the near future it will be there. I'll shutdown the server and upload it when I see the server empty.
[V3]Jew
Banned

Post by [V3]Jew »

crap
UnrealKrake

Post by UnrealKrake »

:confused: sorry but i found something i didn't noticed, just as i wanted to upload the map to redirection server O_o

Fixed Map name in ZIP FILE. For all who already downloaded it, please rename DB-Orbitallity.ut2 (was the "first" developing name) to DB-Orbitally.ut2 or just reload the zip again. It's just because of the redirection server :)
Onge

Post by Onge »

Armagon wrote: You clearly haven't seen the likes of Dendrophile, PeacefulNight, Hall, and RageArena2. ;)

Yeah. I meant most official DB maps are fuck ugly! Well, come to think of it, Cube and Smallcube are the only offenders. They both suffer from some truly awful textures.

Anyway, keep working on the map Krake...I still think db-Hall was a great map!
Messy

Post by Messy »

Messy wrote: I haven't exactly tried it with more players yet :(

Still haven't u know :p
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

I have this map up on my server and have played it online. The game in my opinion was way to spammy. The map looks nice but too small for all the obstructions in the map. Gameplay just got too nuts for me. The map would fair better if it was much bigger and played as a shooting match.