I agree with the Points System idea, but not Goal Diff. : |
17%
I hate both ideas. :(
38%

Total votes: 53

Fooman

New DBL settings?

Post by Fooman »

I had some ideas on a better scoring/ranking system for the new season. So I'm starting a poll to see how much support is out there for these ideas.

Goal Differential:
Get rid of goal differential. You can still show the diff, but please don't make it count towards anything. The object of the game is to win, not run up the score. Any ties at the end of the season should be settled by another match, not goal diff. This would be the most fair way to determine which team is actually better.

Points System:
Change the scoring system to a hockey system and utilize Golden Goal. The new settings should be 30 minute games with a 5 minute Golden Goal Overtime. 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, 1 for an overtime loss, 0 for a loss. This scoring keeps everyone closer and gives all teams a chance to in by the end of the season, instead of the top 2 or 3.

So what do u think?
[V3]Cajubski
Banned

Post by [V3]Cajubski »

only reason foo said this is cos V3 take 1st place when they win their last two games due to goal difference pushin his clan out of top spot :lol:
GazMaN

Post by GazMaN »

i dont particulary agree with the goal difference idea, over here in england the football league incorparates gd and it works fine.

also in div 1 us at AoV have scored nealry 80 goals more than the next nearest team and i feel thats down to pure attacking power and i dont see why that shouldnt reflect our league position come the end of the season if were level on points with another team.

Plus scoring more goals than the opponent is the aim of the game so surely the more you score the better you are, as long as youve got a good def to back you up (luckily we have :D )

just my 2 cents
Messy

Post by Messy »

I hate ur views on goal differential (altho im not saying it's cause of your clan and it's league position atm, be it true or not), but i totally agree with ur points system idea :)

In the end it will mean the league is more exciting for more people, and matches get more exciting too with the golden goal overtime ^_^ I like it :)

/me steals one of gazman's cents and runs
liebs19

Post by liebs19 »

I agree on both ideas.

Anyone who thinks that I agree goal differential is bad bacuase V3 will take first over us if they win the rest of tehir games can please go jump off a bridge now. I would be damn proud to split the series with V3 and take seond in the league.

Secondly, golden goal is great. It adds extra suspens to the games. I hate the idea of a tie alltogether. I want to have a definate winner. The hockey system is good because we can then have golden goal and the team that loses on it doesn't get a 0 for playing a great game the first 30 mins.
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

/me go jump down a bridge
[V3]Cajubski
Banned

Post by [V3]Cajubski »

^
Hoju

Post by Hoju »

What about having goals allowed as the tiebreaker. It would put more emphasis on the defense and would possibly decrease the number and severity of blowouts. The contending teams would make sure they play better defense and not worry as much about running up the score. The scoring system seems ok, and overtime i could go either way.
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

Hm, I'm considering the points idea for the DBL.
Bodom

Post by Bodom »

I dislike the goals idea mainly because a win of 20-1 and a win of 4-3 aren't the same thing. Without the importance of goal differences, there's really no reason to run up the score and risk losing the ball/turning it over. In general I think this would slow the game down considerably and promote extremely slow gameplay which can become extremely tedious.
Xelent

Post by Xelent »

GazMaN wrote: i dont particulary agree with the goal difference idea, over here in england the football league incorparates gd and it works fine.

also in div 1 us at AoV have scored nealry 80 goals more than the next nearest team and i feel thats down to pure attacking power and i dont see why that shouldnt reflect our league position come the end of the season if were level on points with another team.

Plus scoring more goals than the opponent is the aim of the game so surely the more you score the better you are, as long as youve got a good def to back you up (luckily we have :D )

just my 2 cents

^-- what he said

And as far as the points system, I think rewarding someone for an OT loss is pretty stupid. Isnt the point of OT to determine a winner?

And if you DID reward the losing side for getting into OT, I dont think it should be worth the same as a tie, maybe .5 or something.
f1end

Post by f1end »

How about 3 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss...0 for a Defaulr Loss...might encourage more games to be played.
Sixty

Post by Sixty »

idd :O
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

f1end wrote: How about 3 for a win, 2 for a draw, 1 for a loss...0 for a Defaulr Loss...might encourage more games to be played.

so 1W+1L = 2D..... bah, don't really like this idea :eek:
Ars3h
Banned

Post by Ars3h »

its not bad i spose