GameServers.net - DB-League

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Do you want gameservers.net to host a db-league as well?

Hell yeah!
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 61

Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

well, most ppl loved the idea of a DB-league, so this is a GREAT IDEA.

DBL didn work too good, but a DB league run completely out of mod makers, and with more strict rules, could be a great improvement for league fans.

it has a negative aspect thou, it would prolly kill DBL, the original idea, but i guess it was obvious DBL wouldnt last :(
Axl

Post by Axl »

100% agree ceno
NitrousOxide

Post by NitrousOxide »

If Gizmo and Gameservers.net can be more impartial admins of an official league, without bending rules for any team, I say go for it!
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

*sigh*

what did we bend last season?
yes yes? lemme hear -_-
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

I don't see what is so wrong with the DBL? If gameservers.net wants to make another one thats fine with me. (although not sure if americans can play in it?). But i don't really have a problem with our current one. Running a league does take some work so it's natural that people involved in the game are going to have to run it, otherwise they would have little interest in it.

All i hear is a lot of whining.. fill me in on what is so terrible about the DBL please?
gs|GiZZiE
Administrator

Post by gs|GiZZiE »

ThX, I will bookmark this post and read all your suggestions ;)
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

I know you are trying to get a new league in, and might steal some or all the competition, but, I will promise to all that season 3 of the DBL will be a success. If not, .....to be continued
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

what has been wrong with season 2?
i dont see anything :|
[1234]Jr

Post by [1234]Jr »

He has got a point... This season sD has been more or less squeeky clean...

..i think its just got to the point they just dont want to believe you could ever be fair David ;) You screwed yourself with Season 1. That or they think the number of drop outs *cough* is your fault... lol.. madness ;)

It depends how GS do this thang tho. If they go straight for the DBL style of 3/4 leagues..they'll have a problem. No way are 40 teams gunna join *another* league..aswell as being in CB and other misc ones. What i mean is, look at DBL now.. a lot of drop outs and a few unplayed games (early season anyway). GS probably wont even have the commitment Bazzi, David and some of the council have to finding out why these games were not played. GS wont have a basic knowledge of teams (eg what they're like, ie people message me with a totally 1 sided oppinion on a game, that i know is probably wrong somewhere, cos i know the people, but GS wont, so i ask, whereas GS might take for granted..)

That is, unless they 'hire' admins who have played DB for a while, like the current DBL council.

...anyway, now that non-sense-making POS is over.. i'll conclude :p

GS DBL - Will work, in time, nothing wrong if they look at what the problems are now and build on em.

DM's DBL - As i said, good this season, i dont think there was 1 major argument stemming from sD's "control" unlike Season 1 :)

Overall: Stick with DBL, tbh, it'll be better

oh, im and not tryin to stick to it anyone but the DB GS site lacks a bit too, so i'd link the 'DBL' to that... otherwise they'll both fall flat on their arses :)
Bazzi

Post by Bazzi »

Ok, I drew my conclusions for this thread.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

maybe a silly idea: but couldnt DBL and Gameservers.net "understand" each other and somehow, make somekind of merge?

for example, DBL being runned in Gameservers.net with the same teams placed like they r now in DBL... ok that may be silly

but maybe another solution?
f1end

Post by f1end »

^^^
As in let GS take over the admin side of the current DBL?...might work...probably not tho...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

"This season sD has been more or less squeeky clean..."

and what did we do in season 1?

the problem is that the the admin and maker of the game won the league, but in the end nobody could ever give me a single example for something where the rules where bent or abused. We just were the best team :<
Messy

Post by Messy »

I'm gonna ignore all the bitching n fighting and I'm actually going on the topic :P (wow), altho i must say that I've hardly experienced any problems myself with the dbl being unfair (and i hardly believe it really..it all seems way exaggarated), but maybe that's because I've never played in division 1 (yes, kick me), anyway:

May i suggest something different from a league with divisions, or nething similar to the dbl in any way? It seems to me a lot of teams already have problems or lack interest/time in getting their matches played. I couldn't imagine another dbl with a copied concept would be interesting enough to "play that too" (as it will most probably always, or at least in the beginning which is important for it to start out n stuff..duh, be thought of as 'a 2nd league').

Therefore i suggest doing something like a series of short cups (or maybe to start out with?) or maybe a neverending ladder like other gametypes, altho i wudnt be much of a fan of the latter.

I voted no for now, just because 'another league' for me would probably lack interest, unless it's in another form.

The only other thing I can think of right now, is that it would be nice to see some good and healthy competition between the league(or whatever :)). As long as they won't get into a fight or nething ^^; Because GS has a strong share in the DB community :p (think of servers and the forum we are talking @ right now ;)), without us even noticing it all that much \o/
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

f1end wrote: ^^^
As in let GS take over the admin side of the current DBL?...might work...probably not tho...
Bad Idea. If there's a conflict, and you need it to get resolved, who are you going to talk to? Atleast when this happens, the council is usually online and will help out and make a decision. The thing is with the council, each member is usually in a different division than they are playing for, and I hope the rest are baised to decision like me for when I have problems for the NA side.