FireCell

Post by FireCell »

RaGe|DB wrote: i dont agree on them doing it
but there is a way u can find out what ur rating is
if u play with leet players every time that means u suck /o\

Or who you thought was leet, really sucks =P
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

GazMaN wrote: i agree with it largely, i justr completely disagree with the fact that just 2 ppl are responsible for giving ppl ratings and also keeping them secret!

i agree ppl dont need to know their ratings cos like david says it would cause conflicts, but in no way shud him and goldy be solely responsible for sorting ratings out!

that david and i are the only ones responsible for rating players is only a temporary solution. it takes time to build a voting system, that will be able to keep track of votes from and for over 500 people that are currently in the bots database. (all of those have been active in #dbpickup the last 30 days)

but it still has to be decided in what way voting will be. either only ops will be allowed to vote for someone at anytime, everyone has one vote for each player that he can use anytime, or players of a pickup may vote for each others ratings. (or any other good suggestion)

and being rated high doesn't mean you'll never play with good players, there are usually many possibilities to arrange teams in a fair way.

if anyone notices a really biased pickup (score like 1x-0 or similar) tell me, all pickups are currently logged so player ratings and the algorithm can be optimised.
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

nice idea with the op voting, doesnt effect me in anyway as i rarely play pickups( cos FC dohnt let me and i suck) so my rating will be 0, unless i abuse FireCells comp and rate me at 5, yes thats what ill do yes
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

U will come no where near my computer, or i will rip ur head off.
Imo

Post by Imo »

FC, have you done the desktop trick I told you about yet? :)

Nice work on the pickup bot Goldy. :)
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

how about this... show the ratings and just ban them if they dispute their rating without a valid reason (eg. you hate them).

also, since David and whoever is incharge i believe its your burden to update the ratings for evcery pickup that happens on the new system. Now imagine there were 6-7 pickups a day... multiply that by 10 players per game, figure out ratings for people that play multiple games...

Its more burden than its worth. Just make a friggin manual pick system and save yourself some work...
BloodyLoony

Post by BloodyLoony »

My only question is why David would wanna spend time on this when he has a mod to develop. Is DB 2nd priority all of a sudden?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

i cant do anything about db, jero is doing the work, he has not been there for a week or so :|
we need another coder with time!
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

you seem to have time... learn ;)
Imo

Post by Imo »

do some new maps.. preferably with a wall at the top of the pbox to stop 'cross volley whore kids'.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

make more november type maps where wallkids cannot prevail :p
The_One

Post by The_One »

Seconded.
R3L!K

Post by R3L!K »

thirded o0
f1end

Post by f1end »

Fourthed
BlackFlame

Post by BlackFlame »

wallkids pwn joo (wow the three most annoying words in db used in one sentance)