DavidM

Post by DavidM »

No, you didnt read how it works.
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

should we start voting on what every one gets now? :D
Om3Ga

Post by Om3Ga »

We don't vote, DavidM and Goldeneye pick the value for us. And don't tell us ;)
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

like Diab said, do it with stats at end of every match, let the bot get those stats and let him decide the values
Onge

Post by Onge »

The problem with stats are they don't take into account the quality of the players. Say a bunch of noobs join a pickup and one average player pwns them all - he'll get a high rating even though against many experienced DB players he'll be out of his depth...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

stats have nothing to do with the quality of a player, they just show some facts
but its not able to show "best defender" or something....
impossible
FAT('.')BOY

Post by FAT('.')BOY »

stats are sadly lacking for defenders, best you can hope for is most interceptions.

in cb cups, clans are asked to rate themselves, this rating is used to draw up the tables for the first round.

Any chance you lot could be adult enough to rate yourselves?

obviously the rating would be open to peer review
RaGe|DB

Post by RaGe|DB »

FAT('.')BOY wrote: stats are sadly lacking for defenders, best you can hope for is most interceptions.

in cb cups, clans are asked to rate themselves, this rating is used to draw up the tables for the first round.

Any chance you lot could be adult enough to rate yourselves?

obviously the rating would be open to peer review

sorry even as sweeper i often have pass hero
most interceptions or fastest
Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

So basically I quickly read the all the posts in the thread in 30secs to a 1min. Quick and maybe stupid conclusion, DavidM will have access to the values of every player in the eu community. Since, his squad is usually lacking one or two positions, he can look up these values, find a worthy replacement, and get them to leave their squad if not on one already. I know this sounds very far-fetched, but this could be used in a evil way for the creator of the mod. Seems another way to keep track of you is good and who isn't in the db community.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

very far-fetched indeed o_O
Dazlin

Post by Dazlin »

Om3Ga wrote: We don't vote, DavidM and Goldeneye pick the value for us. And don't tell us ;)

well im in bad luck david says he dosnt know how to rate me :|
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Meh..i dont care, rate me or dont :p being bad = advantage of getting leet teamies, being good = out of context since it's me =)

I dont care for voting and keeping them alive @ every match..pf, im too lazy to vote myself O_o

Besides, no1 knows how i play, let alone davidm :p (cant remember me playing with or against him O_o)
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

DavidM wrote: Rens, please think!
Having a high value for me would mean I had to play with 4 crap players :)

Not gonna publish your values here, but I think everybody would agree they are fair. (No, its not 0 0)
Good - I'll alias and get a 0 0 value.
That way I get to be on the good team.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

There is no prob do something against it if pleople think they need to abuse it.
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

people will abuse it though. People always abuse stuff like that. Manual is the best way to go for a few reasons:

1) the best players will get picked first

and

2) if the bot picks someone for your team that you hate it takes the fun out of playing