bug

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DiStUrbeD

bug

Post by DiStUrbeD »

2 things, one is a bug, another an idea:

first the bug, we were playing a pug and one of our players got "crushed" into the wall. Thier teammate boosted a guy, and he went straight for the ball carrier and crushed him into the wall with one hit (he was right next to the wall, probably touching it) I think that's something that you should fix, though i found it utterly hilarious.

Now my idea, just to stop pbox camping (though i do it, i dont like it) Just simply make the players' catch radius smaller when in the pbox (except for the keeper of course, leave him how he is) People can pbox camp, but it wont do any good, unless the shot is shot RIGHT at them

As it is right now, they just stand in front of the net and stop almost everything, especially if you get 3-4 players in there, its just rediculus.

I don't know if it's already been suggested, but thats just my idea. Flame away if you like.
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

Yah but then you have the thing where the ball looks like it goes right through you but you don't catch or even deflect it. That's kinda annoying.

I still think the best idea to prevent so much camping is to reduce the charge up sound on shots. Maybe make it so you have to be really close to the man to hear it slightly. And as mentioned, maybe the keeper should hear it at the same level it is now. Right now you can sit in the box and wait until you hear the sound and then charge and hit them. If you weren't able to do that you'd have to fight to keep them away from the box more and you'd have to try to play tighter man coverage.

No matter what, ppl will always do some form of pbox camping as long as it's 1 hit to kill. It's also just the nature of defense to fall back and not let the offense behind you. However, if we give the offense a little more ability to shoot from right outside the box it will force the defense out some.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

As it is already, the ball goes through you all the time (if you are right next to them, it goes right through you)

Also, reducing the charge sound for the keeper wouldn't work, because than shoot would be too easy. The keeper would have no idea when the shot is coming, as because the shots can be shot so hard, the keeper would have no chance.
Orbitul

Post by Orbitul »

What i meant about the keeper is that they should hear it at the same level it is in 1.8.. meaning they hear it loud while everyone else would have to be very close to the player in order to hear it faintly.

Just the added dimension that the offense could get a shot off at any time would make things more interesting i think.

As for the ball going through you, if it happens enough already we really don't need it happening even more. Most of the time if i'm right in front i'll get a deflect or catch it but there are times when it will just go through me. Maybe it's lag or whatever but i don't want it happening even more.
FrostyCoolSlug

Post by FrostyCoolSlug »

I like the charge up sounds suggestion.. however, instead of the keeper hearing the sound, maybe a little icon, that appeared whenever an opposing member charged the ball (where ever they are on the map)

Would give the keeper something else to look at, and maybe aid :D
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

why not just blink "THEY'RE SHOOTING NOW" across the screen in bright yellow and red flashing seizure letters?

stop complaining.. the current implementation is fine. If you suck at keeping now, your still going to suck whether its louder or not.
Dogfather

Post by Dogfather »

i think there should just be an offside rule like normal sports where offense can't cross the half line until the ball does

i'm tired of goal hangers getting pissy when you start slapping them around
Achilles

Post by Achilles »

good attack0rz can alwayz dodge teh defendors just jump around a lot and go left right back etc. this kinda prevents teh nubbies from scoring :o
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

works the same for a defender, if the defender knows what he/she's doing, than jumping won't do anything but make you fly twice as far.
theberkin8or

Post by theberkin8or »

rofl @ so many ppl not understanding what orb was trying to say... he doens't want to make anything louder he wants to make it softer, except for the keeper so that they have a chance of knowing when the shot is coming.

offsides would suck and clearly is not a problem with a good d, this has be discussed SOOOOO much in the past you can't even imagion
Dogfather

Post by Dogfather »

why would it suck?
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

If you dont have D you deserve to lose, its that simple.

Giving them the accomodation of offsides would just create a 4 man offense situation from which you just boost back with no worries of goal hangers. It makes the defenses job that much easier.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

What's wrong with the system as it is now?
Orbitul was totally right when he said:
No matter what, ppl will always do some form of pbox camping as long as it's 1 hit to kill.
A well coordinated offensive player should be able to find some way to score when there are a lot of people sitting in the P Zone. If there are a lot of people blocking the shot, the other offensive players could try slipping behind some of the defenders and knocking them away. A lot of times, I have found this to be terribly effective, as I have fallen victim to it myself in some games. :p
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

back to the beginning, i agree, a striker should find a way to score with people in the box. I just think as it is right now, the catch radius is too big, get everybody to stand in front of the net and its near impossible to score without a perfect shot.
Lithinite

Post by Lithinite »

the problem is that shake is far too effective and the charge time gives them too big of a window to hit you. When i played before (long ago) the best way to score was the stand on the ednge of the Pbox and shoot.

The way i see it is deflect is sort of like shake should be. If a defender actually blocks your shot, it will deflect like an arrent shake shot. If the defender doesnt straight out block your shot, he doesnt deserve to stop it IMO. This would put an end to the idiots that just chill infront of the net to kill you instantly.

my suggestion: make the shot timer 1 second for a full charge, make the hammer delay on the gun .9 seconds (for easier boosting, attacking, forces you to pass faster and more tactfully everything) and reduce shake time to a very small window say .25-.3 seconds.