Selfvolley power reduced to 1500 max in 1.9! Good or Bad?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Fruitcake wrote: erm instead of making self vollies weaker why not make normal shots more powerful :|....this is gonne fuck up teh mod :(

your just starting to notice this now?
Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

tbh surge i didnt really care at the start...if they keep changing things now ppl will leave db :rolleyes:
D`Capital_G`NL

Post by D`Capital_G`NL »

\o/
Go DavidM I say, I cant even begin to name the times I'm totally free, and the attacker decides not to check the radar and just tries to self-volley it in (which is the easyest move to keep against that I can think off).
Including u omega >.<, and herry.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Fruit they've been changing absolutly retarded shit in this game since about 1.4b when gameplay was almost perfect.

You can see by the league how many DB clans NA still has... We all got tired of this BS and many people left.
Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

surge i think davidm doesnt understand why ppl thought 1.4b was better and why there are less ppl playing it now :mad:
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

"cause hes a douchebag" comes to mind...

but then again, David M is always right when it comes to 13ball... i mean Deathball.
Imo

Post by Imo »

Armagon wrote: That doesn't sound the slightest bit exaggerated (note sarcasm).
Whatever happened to good ATTACKERS? Or are you including them in those ludicrous, made-up statistics?

:) I guess the numbers are a little exaggerated.. However, I'd like to see you score a goal from the edge of the box against: GiM, NaB and Gobby. Please demorec it for me.. thanks.
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

you guys are crazy, i tell you what, get 10 people. get 1.4 and play a pickup, you look and see how it plays.
its far worse its just PEOPLE played differently back then, thats all. you try it now and you'll be annoyed at it etc.
The_One

Post by The_One »

gutterflower wrote: you guys are crazy, i tell you what, get 10 people. get 1.4 and play a pickup, you look and see how it plays.
its far worse its just PEOPLE played differently back then, thats all. you try it now and you'll be annoyed at it etc.

ahh, but they're talking about 1.4b.
a very different animal to 1.4.
your point still stands though, 1.8 is the best version yet. ^^

p.s. also note that 1.3b used to be everyones favourite version now we've moved up to 1.4b. i'm guessing when 1.9 (or whatever it'll be called) is released 1.5 will be peoples preferred incarnation. ^^
Last edited by The_One on 01-09-2003 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

this thread sux0rs stop trying to turn it back into 1.4b it wont happen:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

:) I guess the numbers are a little exaggerated.. However, I'd like to see you score a goal from the edge of the box against: GiM, NaB and Gobby. Please demorec it for me.. thanks.
That would be kinda difficult to do, given that I would more than likely be asleep at the time that they were playing. Even if I WAS awake, I don't fancy anyone passing to me, seeing as I'd have a 300-400 ping. :p
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

When 1.4 came out people hated it so it was changed for 1.4b in what? 2 days. This was good.

People bitch and bitch and bitch about the new versions. Do you see any 2 day later fixes for stupid sloppy shit like deflect? i sure don't.

Also, for the arguement that going back and play 1.4b or 1.3b opposed to the current is a bad game, your 100% dead in the water WRONG because everything possible in 1.8 is possible in 1.4b with less annoyances like deflect and guns that wont switch.

The only huge difference between 1.4b and 1.8 is to the keeper and even then, although he cant roam the whole box, he has NO hammer delay. Quite a fair trade-off if you ask me.

The only change 1.4b needed gameplay wise was the removal of the boost trick. Thats IT.

Dribble did not need to be removed. Deflect did NOT need to be added.

I honestly couldn't give a rats ass about spectator cameras, scoreboards, replays, or a new ball gun.

Look at the sport on TV Slamball. The first season had 6 teams and was shot in a wearhouse, rented and constructed by the "original 6" players. The second season now has 8 teams and is shot in Universal Studios. Its a big shot and one of the top rated shows on SpikeTV (formally TNN). It got a hell of a lot flashier, a hell of a lot more popular, but between season 1 when they were in a warehouse and season 2 the only 2 things changed were the removal of the 3 point line to encourege dunking (the entire purpose of the tramps) over shooting and the added 4th player on the court. These 2 changes made the game more exciting because it made the game FASTER. it made the game more FUN to watch.

What has DB done? Its gotten SLOWER. Its stopped people from dribbling. It prevents ego whores from going big on their own. It prevents people that want to get good at the game themselves from being able to accel at DB. I know this because i'm one of those people. You can ask ANY NA player from 1.3b and 1.4b oh how good i used to be. How many goals i scored a game. How much fun i had playing a game from a creator I, at the time, had to give mad props to.

All these changes to DB, the slowing down of the game, the lack of individual skill, the lack of fun. When i saw DB for the first time i wanted to play it because i knew somewhere down the line i would be able to do cool moves that i saw people like Nordy do on defense. Shoot like Puck used to do. Save shots like Gnomeh... Untill 1.5. I pretty well mastered the offensive side of the field untill every defender with 1/2 a brain started Pbox camping, and every offensive player became a volley whore. I was one of the original volley whores (-.VW.- for our NA 3v3 volley only league).

DB used to be a game i would look forward to playing. A game that i came home from football practice and cooled down playing. That was my Deathball. My sport that i was good at. My sport that i devoted literally hundreds of hours playing.

The channel ballers on gamesnet was my home and DB was the game we all played. The game we all enjoyed. Out of the original 4 clans from NA, only 2 are left standing, 3 teams total, 2 of whom were on thin-ice to my understanding untill recently. Ballers wasnt about competative play. It wasnt about winning. It was about a bunch of guys getting on line every single night and playig a game we all enjoyed playing. That was DB. That was fun. After every goal, every reset was a new start. Every round was a new beginning. Now either games are boring and slow, or straight out pummelings. Ballers games have become competative, and people that don't understand what DB is about are the ones holding all the chips. People like Adren. People like Maelstrom. These are the new volley whores. The people that either play the game to fuck around and have fun themselves while their team suffers or win. There is no other options. Ballers games have turned from a nice friendly game into a free-for-all of spam binds, partially thanks to Sin.

As far as i see it this games dying is partially the community and partially the fault of the game. The communities for not playing the game for fun, but instead for sport and the games for hindering game play which needed no tampering, and the tampering it did need was to fix master tactics like Pbox camping. Instead the game removed gateway skills like Dribbling which further led to the noob-cannon. Dribbing didn't hurt the game but the noob-cannon sure did.
The_One

Post by The_One »

i stopped reading after i reached this.
Surge wrote: It prevents ego whores from going big on their own.

You really don't "get" DB do you Surge?
BL44T

Post by BL44T »

When 1.4 came out people hated it so it was changed for 1.4b in what? 2 days. This was good.
How fast was 1.5 to 1.6 ?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

and how fast was 1.7 o 1.8? :D
it will be just as fast from 1.9 to 2.0 \o