Beta testing of official new map: DB-Hole

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Fallen
Banned

Post by Fallen »

Even if it becomes official map, do you really think admins would put it in rotation? Like sediment and Ship, it will not be popular.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Mapvote.

People like occasional fun.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Indeed (it also helps us to avoid Greenbaize :p)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

bah! greenblaze rocks. it just needs invisible walls around the table to keep the ball in and it will be saved. the map idea is awesome. its like micromachine deathball!

I havnt played this map. but i did see davidm say "one of those just for fun" type maps which is exactly what I want to see more outa deathball. right now most of the maps are all catered to league play which is why pubs are very low on population. you need to be a pro to go out there and have fun. theres not enough fun involved on public games.

I've seen atleast 4 maps lately that I've had -fun- playing because of the maps

Small Enclosure
Temple
(whatever that low gravity with the holes in the wall one)
Silent night? its one of twiggy's maps thats small.

they have different feelings when you play. be it how the ball reacts on walls and such that make them fun.

Obsticles do not create -random- chances to win. you play a map long enough and you know how to use these to your advantage. the only random thing in the game is the reflection off another player when he's too close ;)
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Stulovesyou wrote: If going for a different style. One change (hole instead of goal) in a basic lowcube map ... doesn't really qualify as something worthy of 'Official new map' status...

Stu, let me quote DavidM for you ;)
Orginally posted by DavidM
This is just a gameplay test, if it's good we'll add graphics and a new theme later.

:p
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

2COOL4-U wrote:
A completely new theme + this new gameplay = FRESH. And we need that.

Put in some code to support two balls at once. That could prove interesting. Each team starts out with a ball in their half and goes from there. It sort of works now but has some problems (at least in botmatch).
1.) The ball you score with is the only ball to reset.
Note: it did work for a while but I did run into the following
2.) bots sometimes couldn't be killed with the ball
3.) bots sometimes disapereared from the match and sometimes took the ball with them (ball disapereared also). Both happened.

Two and three might be related to number one. Bots would respawn with the non-scored ball on a reset after a goal. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes not.
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Multiball = win.
Diab

Post by Diab »

how having hole a volley only style game, like gib ball was where if you were to touch the ball you die. apart from keeper.
[V3]David

Post by [V3]David »

Should post this crap at tha map forum section kthx thats why its there nubcake kthx
Diab

Post by Diab »

well, this post is still standing, and its about this map. i did nothing wrong... :/
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

Owned Stu.

:p
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Twigstir wrote: Put in some code to support two balls at once.

"some" code, the current code is written for one ball :eek:, so I'd have to change a lot of lines in a lot of classes which I am not going to. Might be a nice idea for a 3rd party mutator though.. Sorry

Edit: Let's keep this thread about DB-Hole, shall we ::Pfffff::
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

Twigstir wrote: Put in some code to support two balls at once. That could prove interesting. Each team starts out with a ball in their half and goes from there. It sort of works now but has some problems (at least in botmatch).
1.) The ball you score with is the only ball to reset.
Note: it did work for a while but I did run into the following
2.) bots sometimes couldn't be killed with the ball
3.) bots sometimes disapereared from the match and sometimes took the ball with them (ball disapereared also). Both happened.

Two and three might be related to number one. Bots would respawn with the non-scored ball on a reset after a goal. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes not.

I think he means that he has already done it, and now has those three problems.
Rens2Sea

Post by Rens2Sea »

2COOL4-U wrote: "some" code, the current code is written for one ball :eek:
Try Dodgeball with 7 balls :P

Edit: Correction, 5 balls :o
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

/me is just too lazy... :D