Optional Dribble

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

good job pointing out the joke no one else even got Stu... keep up the good work

i hope you die laughing at yourself... just like every1 else will... laughing AT you...
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Thats fine.
I make people happy.

You make yourself happy.

All is back in its natural order
:)
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

In all seriousness, your suggestion is suggesting that you don't need to bounce the ball in basketball.

Or that in soccer you can pickup the ball and run with it.

The obvious result of these two rule changes will be that no-one will pass as there is no longer any need to. Players will just pickup the ball and run with it all the way to the other end of the court / ground and have a shot for themselves.

Yay what a fun concept.
Of course no one will bother with the game anymore.

But you'll have a nice big erection over yourself once more because you got to do everything and show how great you are.

Hooray!

:)
Inphidel

Post by Inphidel »

lock flame thread? kthnx! pwnd!
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

WTF happened in this thread?

I still think set jumping and dribbles should be brought back as an option. It would make you stick with your man on D instead of walley/boosting/whoring penis enlargement cupcake baking ass slapping wimp matches. Defense was once a damn skill, now it's half luck. I liked the gritty ol' hardcore DB matches of yesterday compared to the thumb up your butt, panty wearing, half across the court jumping, wimpy where's waldo ice cream eating matches of today.

Dribbling doesn't change the game much, It's more like a personal preference (like how people like to set up their volleys, etc) and removing it did less overall than removing set jumping. Removing set jumping added boosting, and removing dribbling did significantly less. Ask David M, I'm sure he'd agree. Both should be brought back as an option, at least for DB 2.0, if that is the Final version or whatever. But I'm sure you 1.8 penis rubbing, butt munching, fudge packing, rose colored glasses wearing pansies don't care about when I had to walk 10 miles in the snow just to get to the other goal. And what did we do then? We had to get around great DEFENSE. Yes that's right, Defense. Oh what's that? It's extinct now, so you don't know much about it. Your defense? You go ahead and call that defense... (pats kids on heads). We used to have to time our jumps with precision, and haircuts were only a nickel, and the internet was just two tin cans with some string attached... In all seriousness tho, bring em back already. wtg
kaot

Post by kaot »

i think bringing back set jumping (maybe making it a tiny bit more forgiving) is a decent idea, but i remember that even if you timed it perfectly you'd still miss jumps.

as far as dribble, i actually kind of miss it. I never thought I'd say that....

Maybe introduce some kind of limit, like you can drop the ball and pick it up 3 or 5 times before the usual restrictions kick in and you have to pass it off to someone. that'd allow carriers a bit of leeway in 1on1 situations.

And of course make them optional.
InSaNe
Banned

Post by InSaNe »

Stu you have got to be the more retarded ignorant asswipe dipshit fucker in these forums. The man has a simple suggestion/thought and you being ignorant have to point out every thing how dumb/gay can you get? Stick your head in a beehive I'm sure you'll have a much better purpose there than you do have here.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

*continues to wait for DavidM's completely unconstructive feedback*

well?
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

Surge wrote: Some times i think well water kills brain cells... that explains a lot about you aussies and most of the southern United States...

Slightly off topic but couldn't let this one pass. Our water is extremely fresh and clean and tasty and good. Except in Adelaide :p
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

reading that quote im sooo glad surge is on my ignore list...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

lol yeah
WickedSick

Post by WickedSick »

IMHO dribbling wasn't a cheat.

It was cool actually, after you brake free from defense, they can crawl right back to you because you run slower with the ball... It doesn't take additional skill to dribble but it shows that you're good offense or you can get open. I don't know how or why some people would say it's not good or anything.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

because they suck at playing D and need all the help they can possibly get?
kaot

Post by kaot »

because some guys would never pass the damn ball off, leaving 4 extraneous players running around with their thumbs up their asses?
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

that too... thats why optional is better than forced.

you turn dribble off for pubs and pugs and turn dribble on for league matches and scrims.

If your team is too stupid to pass, cant stop a dribbling player, or whines because they cant dribble, you probably deserve to lose to a team that uses dribbling effectivly.