Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DudeGuy

American pugs

Post by DudeGuy »

Why in every pug do we play LowCube2?

i'd like to play some other maps like november or chill

maybe even curve :cool:

it would really be nice to play some custom maps like DB-U or Greenhillzone :D

we shouldn't have such repititive games, it kinda gets boring playing the same map over and over and over... :rolleyes:
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

blame the idiots that think DB is all competative and not suppost to be fun. They pretty well ruin it for everyone by only playing league maps.

When we tried to have a pug specifically for playing on DB-U they set the server up on LC2 because the the person who admin'd the server we were to play on didn't like U.

welcome to one of the biggest reasons i dont enjoy playing DB. Its always been and allways will be Cube or public server. It all comes down to play with noobs or play in a very plain, boring, cube/cube-ripoff map.
Dream Killer

Post by Dream Killer »

Yeah I would really like to see some other maps played. We should start doing pugs specifically for playing on new maps. I am all for it, and I am sure others would be as well. If the server admins bitch, then pm me and you can use mine anytime.
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

I only play LC2 because i personally run a pos computer, and the rest of the maps ("official" ones) lag the shit out of me, or there is crowd noises, which suck even more.

I don't think i've played DB-U...if i have, it's been a while.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

DB-U, DB-Live, DB-|V|orpheus... all fine maps, not overly graphic intensive, no overwhelming crowd noises...

Why we dont play them? Volleywhores like Prankst0r, AdReN, and Mael that refuse to play them because they dont have their back walls to do vollies off of. He who controls the server, controls the map switch and he who is a stubborn assclown always get his way. When in a community no bigger than 30 people, its hard to even get 10 people to play pugs sometimes yet alone find subs at odd hours.
DudeGuy

Post by DudeGuy »

i asked this in the pug channel (#dbpug on PGP for all the euros if they want to come :) ) and the replies were something like "cause lowcube2 is the only good map" or some gay shit :confused:

and surge i agree :p
Croaker

Post by Croaker »

Hmm,
We tried once when surge was in one of the two teams a while ago.

We decided on a map that surge did not want to play. So he quitted the pug...

So, Surge, before talking big, at least talk as you act....
LyNxiFi3d
Banned

Post by LyNxiFi3d »

americans are very wierd they play custom maps like temple and shit ones and they are volley whores stay away from them
WickedSick

Post by WickedSick »

We're volley kings duh.

But we should play in maps like Morpheus, old school maps that rocked but now it's all LowCube2 which is boring. tbh some of the custom maps goalie area sucks, the net suck as welll but I don't mind.
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

That DB roof top was good =)
Dream Killer

Post by Dream Killer »

Yeah I say we switch it up some. I think we can talk at least 10 people into play DB-U or something.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

Croaker wrote: Hmm,
We tried once when surge was in one of the two teams a while ago.

We decided on a map that surge did not want to play. So he quitted the pug...

So, Surge, before talking big, at least talk as you act....

'cause you were playing LowCube2 for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000'th fucking time.

They did change the map after I left, and I came back... I told them before going in i wasn't playing if it was LC2.
Maelstrom
Banned

Post by Maelstrom »

Surge wrote: blame the idiots that think DB is all competative and not suppost to be fun. They pretty well ruin it for everyone by only playing league maps.

When we tried to have a pug specifically for playing on DB-U they set the server up on LC2 because the the person who admin'd the server we were to play on didn't like U.

welcome to one of the biggest reasons i dont enjoy playing DB. Its always been and allways will be Cube or public server. It all comes down to play with noobs or play in a very plain, boring, cube/cube-ripoff map.

Dude, just quit... if you don't like DB so bad, stop playing it for fucks sake. Do us a favor, do you a favor, stop playing.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

who said i didnt like DB? Maybe i just think you, mael, and certain people are all shitfaces...

If i didn't like DB i wouldnt play it, and if you havn't noticed, I havnt for like the last 4 days because all that happens when i do is people play the game, trash talk eachother, and the team with the most volley-whores wins because defense is irrelivant if you can out-score the other team and maintain ball control.

I didnt like to play D back in the day because i sucked at it because it was too hard. Now i can practically play it with my eyes closed if i jack effects volume high enough so i can use positional audio to hear you walk...
Savwa

Post by Savwa »

7 days in a week.... how about a rotation of maps?