The todo list is back!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

"//-To check how high you are look at the keeper startpoint. If both keeper startpoints are not at the same high compare it to the one that you are closest too. So 384 above keeperstart = -150 volleypower, 512 = -300, 640 = -450 etc... but min power should be 1000"

I thought this was to be only decrease volley power from above the maximum height of 4 normal jumps...
:/
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

"-when "cannot score from other half" is enabled: the blue team can volley a ball into the goal from the ball spawn but the red team cant
sure thing why.....it cannot be in both halfes at once, so make sure it cannot be volley in either goal (grammar fucked up probably)"

-Third neutral zone around ball spawn. No-one can volley /score from this zone.
Go - fix;/.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Stulovesyou wrote: "//-To check how high you are look at the keeper startpoint. If both keeper startpoints are not at the same high compare it to the one that you are closest too. So 384 above keeperstart = -150 volleypower, 512 = -300, 640 = -450 etc... but min power should be 1000"

I thought this was to be only decrease volley power from above the maximum height of 4 normal jumps...
:/

there is a minimum height of 256 units before the volley speed decrease
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

Heh just checked the todo list and noticed something about dodging in the air, not sure how much that would be used. But one thing which you could add to change the style of keepers is if they could "Stomp".

Those who have played BloodPit will know that when ur in the air, if u press crouch (I think) u slam to the ground, or onto an opponents head.

This would be great if keepers could do it, as then keepers could go for more wall vollehs etc. without being able to be caught out as easy, would change the way the strikers do stuff =)

Goodbye wallkids \o/

Also bring back wall jumps, as its quite possible for a keeper to make it to the corner from 1 jump in Cube with this on, also on nov, but its has to be a bit more precise using the post.
METAFrank

Post by METAFrank »

wud be great if this suckmode was an option cause i got a serious feeling that it will fuck up deathball.
maby i m wrong, but boosting away someone who may get it before u do is a lot funnier than a (probably buggy) suck-mode.
A Mode like this was ok for Dodgeball but with DB it wud start a moaning spree again... good for surge, bad for the others.
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

read the todo list, im an absolute fan of some of the stuff thats gonna be done. mainly the self volley speed decrease and the player height affecting volley speed. this will make normal shooting more important, thumbs up! and chance you can go through the todo list and update the ones that probably wont be done with a symbol :) im very excited about the next release, good luck :D
HerbalTea

Post by HerbalTea »

GG 2cool4 u

I hope you get most of this done, soon :)

I'm glad to see somebody is working on this mod, and being positve about it.

One very simply request, ok maybe 2.

1) Work on the major problems of DB first, like getting "bug"

Secondly, release your updates more frequently, pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasee.

kthnx
Diab

Post by Diab »

the weapon bug is part of epics weapon bug.
Onge

Post by Onge »

I didn't notice anything about fixing crouch (which is bugged in 3rd person view)
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

HerbalTea wrote: Secondly, release your updates more frequently, pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasee.

kthnx

To be honest I haven't been able to change much due to real life :)
speedy

Post by speedy »

hmmmm what about an option to turn the yellow ball smoke off? (it brings my fps right down when it goes near me)
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

speedy wrote: hmmmm what about an option to turn the yellow ball smoke off? (it brings my fps right down when it goes near me)

Who knows, when I finish the NTBD.txt I'll read all the suggestions again and then code what I (and DavidM) think should be coded.

For now enjoy this pic of the new radar configuration tab. It isn't done yet. Previews for Beacons and Vincity Radar are underway as well.

Check the new picture
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

we'll add an option for ball smoke, will be added to normal "detail" screen
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

The radar config looks great. :)
speedy

Post by speedy »

DavidM wrote: we'll add an option for ball smoke, will be added to normal "detail" screen
thanks