The todo list is back!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DaJero

The todo list is back!

Post by DaJero »

I've uploaded a new personal site and from now on you can once again read how the new version of DB progresses. Go to my website: http://2cool.free.fr. Go to stuff and then to Deathball Todo list :p.
Weisso

Post by Weisso »

thats one helluva to-do list :eek:

that would give me a headache :lol:

-Weiss
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

most of that stuff is over a half year old tho and will proably never be done :P
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Weisso wrote: thats one helluva to-do list :eek:

that would give me a headache :lol:

-Weiss

DavidM gave me 20 minutes ;)

edit: David, Don't be so negative :D
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

umm

- penelties?

for what? this is DEATHball... not FOOTball. Unless you get a penelty because you DONT kill people, then your playing soccer which quad jumps.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

DavidM is negative about almost everything.
Go you're 1337 coding skillz.
Last edited by Armagon on 23-08-2003 00:11, edited 1 time in total.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Armagon wrote: DavidM is negative about almost everything.
Go you're 1337 coding skillz.

I was only joking. ;) He's right there, most of the things there were already on the to-do list when I joined Team Vortex.
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

He's been awfully negative about the maps the DB community has been turning out. I thought he's supposed to be the team leader, ENCOURAGING it to grow?

In regard to the bug in which the ball can be volleyed into the goal from the center spawn. It's really a map bug that is caused by only having a one unit gap between the two team volumes, one being closer to the middle. But it CAN be made fair, by making it possible for both sides to score from the center. This is done by making a 2 unit gap in the halves, neither side is closer to the middle line. I did this in both DB-Chamber and DB-TheWarehouse][, so both sides can score from the center.

Of course, it would be better if you just sorted it out, so that either side couldn't score with the ball if it's been shot from the spawn.
Twigstir

2COOL4-U

Post by Twigstir »

2COOL4-U, can you look into physics volumes again (pain causing). They are much better in 1.8 but are still not working correctly (damage per sec is off). In volumes which should cause instant death (damage per sec = 100 or greater) you can get well inside the volume. Check this out on Greenbrazie. Instant death sould happen when you fall in the pockets (damage per sec = 500). If you use low grav you can get on the bar which is well inside another volume with damage set at 500 per sec.

On maps which use a thin physics volume to reset the ball and kill players, you can now go through the volume and get outside of the map. So, for a number of maps it's important that the physics volumes work correctly.

Thanks for your work so far on this topic.
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

-banana indicator (so others know that you do it and which way)

i really think it's not a good idea, banana is used as a tactic so why show it to opponents? :o

-Bind dodging to one key (no more dodging by accident)

sux, sorry but keeping gonna be so fuckin easy with a special bind....
gnomeh

Post by gnomeh »

You are a sucky keeper if you can't even master the simple thing of dodging only when you want to.
That is pointless and if you really wanted to do it, then just make a macro.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

nobody uses sprint so no1 will suggest this

can you make it so jumping lessens ur sprint juice?

PLEASE!?
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

Can you have a look into why mapvote 4.00 b11 doesnt work properly with deathball. The game will auto change maps in the middle of the voting process. This bug was first introduced in 1.8 i think, the mapvote worked fine in 1.7 and earlier.

Link to mapvote site: http://www.planetunreal.com/BDBUnreal/

Oddly enough, the mapvote works without any problems with the db-tennis mod :eek:
Savwa

Post by Savwa »

Shots on Goal would be proper name.

The following cannot be determined by the game accurately:
Game MVP
Best Shot
Defensive play of the Match
Best Save
...sure there are more but you have the idea.

Boost indicator... circle on the radar should maybe change color like UT rocket lock on... lock for pass also if you think (someone would suggest it anyway).

Log individual stats on individual computer so they can be exported into a spreadsheet or document. Program would keep all stats for all players for all games "you" play with stats enabled.

Dont travel with scorer after goal like you are seeing in behindview.

thats all I wanted to note at this time. Tired and could only handle the easy stuff.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Armagon wrote: Of course, it would be better if you just sorted it out, so that either side couldn't score with the ball if it's been shot from the spawn.

I'll do that then I think :)
Twigstir wrote: 2COOL4-U, can you look into physics volumes again (pain causing).
Alright, I'll do.
vF_Zonk wrote: can you make it so jumping lessens ur sprint juice?
We had this in Deathball 1.6, it was removed and it won't get added back, sorry :)
Large Potato wrote: Can you have a look into why mapvote 4.00 b11 doesnt work properly with deathball. The game will auto change maps in the middle of the voting process. This bug was first introduced in 1.8 i think, the mapvote worked fine in 1.7 and earlier.
I can't promise you anything, but I will try to look at it if I have the time for it.
Savwa wrote: Log individual stats on individual computer so they can be exported into a spreadsheet or document. Program would keep all stats for all players for all games "you" play with stats enabled.
If the stats are stored on the local computer it's too easy to cheat. We have considered this and came to the conclusion we'd better not add such a feature, sorry to disappoint you.