Diff't points, diff't goals

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

might be a way to disable the goal volume ignore with volumes and coding (guessing). You could just make the whole cort a 3 point zone then disable it with volumes on either end.

might work, might not, just guessing.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

There you go surge - now you're a programmer.

Go create your own mod, and put all your own rules in it.

Then setup a new board to discuss this new mod of yours.

I'm sure woman will just constantly be running up asking if they can give you a blowjob, you'll be that popular.
Fruitcake
Banned

Post by Fruitcake »

meh id keep 1 point for all shots and 2 for a td :D
ThaGiMiC

Post by ThaGiMiC »

Point in DB is nice, but not essential. If I had to choose between points and stats I would pick stats everytime, as I can see how much/little work I have done.

Maybe make the points thing an option, bit like VO? Poll would have been handy on this thread, just to see how many ppl would like to see it implemented.
kaot

Post by kaot »

semicircular pzone + 2 points from distance seems like a good idea. Points for volley vs regular shot doesn't. There's nothing particularly special about a volley goal.

by the way, someone *please* fork the mod already so we can put something together that folks in NA actually enjoy playing, before the few remaining players quit.
Dogfather

Post by Dogfather »

i've got an idea for one but don't have anyone to code... blah.
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

man, if there's a Bball DB map coming out, then im a happy guy if it gets made correctly. When I posted here on the 1st forums, i think my 1st post was about how someone should make a basketball map... If you make the map right, i'll be your biggest fan. :D :D :D

If you had to shoot the ball into a bball-type hoop, thay would be the shit. Have kinda low ceilings so you could bank it off the ceiling into the hoop, have the paint as the kill zone, You can quadjump into the goal, etc, etc. On that map, shots from behind the line should be worth 2, and in a perfect world, there would be set jumping so getting up for the dunk would take skill.

That is what i've been thinking about since DB came out. A DB map on a bball court, w/a Bball type feel. Of course, I thought about this when you could dribble, and setjump, so it was perfect ;), heheh. Plzplzplzplzplz do an awesome job on this Bball map!!! And put a retired 'Jordan 23' jersey in the rafters :D.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

*cough*slamba*cough*ll