Shake or no shake?

Yes.
81%
No.
19%

Total votes: 53

vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

InSaNe wrote: I'm not gonna even talk about australian db. Like... They don't even play pickups in #dbpickup on QNet as far as I'm concerned.. Plus stus post are garbage and don't make one bit of sense, just vote yes to leave shake on and post here saying "yes leave it" or say No take it of and post saying "take it off" simple as taht, but no you must be arrogant and look into every mistake a persons making gj.

we tried some pickups. Got killed by 350+ ping :mad:

as for Stu....he likes to write long essays when arguing....but hey, disliking one person shouldn't change what you think about a whole group of us. If that were the case, i could hate Euros thanks to one or two people in this forum

anyway.

I think defense have to hear charging up. At least a little bit, such as a 256 or 512 unit radius. Otherwise it would be all about hitting ur opponent at random times, hoping u got the hit in

If shake was removed, then it might just be about leaving TWO people pbox camping instead of one :/

So i think that.....completley removing charge-up doesnt work, and completely moving shake doesn't work either. But maybe making charge-up over a smaller sound radius for all except keeper, and lessening the time shake time, could make for a better balance of defense and offense. But IMO it's a pretty good balance as it is, due to stuff like passes, volleys, etc.
Last edited by vF_Zonk on 18-08-2003 08:05, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

vF_Zonk wrote: I think defense have to hear charging up. At least a little bit, such as a 256 or 512 unit radius. Otherwise it would be all about hitting ur opponent at random times, hoping u got the hit in

If shake was removed, then it might just be about leaving TWO people pbox camping instead of one :/

god forbid, you cant Pbox camp anymore? what will you ever do!?!?!?!

oh ya i forgot, you can kill a player in 2 hits anywhere on the pitch and not play spam-ball.

Ever heard of man-to-man defense?
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

ricken rocken ricken rake stick that sword into that snake..

jafar jafar hes our man , if he cant do it GREAT!!!
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

Surge wrote: god forbid, you cant Pbox camp anymore? what will you ever do!?!?!?!

oh ya i forgot, you can kill a player in 2 hits anywhere on the pitch and not play spam-ball.

Ever heard of man-to-man defense?

huh? I didn't say you can't pbox camp....wtf? maybe i said the wrong thing...what i meant was ... if there's no shake, teams will still do pbox camping, just with 2 people

Man-to-man wouldnt work. If you're attackign and are being marked, you can just hit the marker away and get an easy pass and an easy shake-less shot

hmm i dunno

i'm still against a COMPLETE shake removal...but i might try playing with it soon to see if i've misjudged what it would be like
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

give it up you lamer Australians
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Deacan, you are the LAMEST Australian. :p
Last edited by Armagon on 18-08-2003 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

... with the hottest chick in his sig :D
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

"How true is that."
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

MUAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAH O MErCY
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

shake should be....

on..

end of story

*frustration*
Last edited by DigitalDJ on 18-08-2003 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

wtf
DigitalDJ

Post by DigitalDJ »

aaaaaaahahahahah too fucking funneh!!!!!!
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

theberkin8or wrote: but that really isn't the point:

the point isn't "I play O i want to score more." It is about fun, it is not fun to have to volley the ball all the time to score... it is not fun to have worked a great team play only to get stoped by a lone defender whom you have little to no chance of geting by

You just stated the point yourself.

If the defender is close enough to hit you - then you weren't open. You don't deserve to score.

If it was a great team play - you'd be open. You'd have a second to charge up a shot. If you are a skillful player - then this is all the time you need to get off a shot on goal. Increase the skill level more, and now you score.

You have to earn your shot. Not the other way around.

I question how you can qualify a play as great if the person you are setting up to score - is covered?

If the game changes so that every shot is automatically in, who'd play then? This is the proposals being presented. All these offensive players coming here trying to claim that it is there God given right to score at will every time they touch the ball.

Wrong.

Earn it.

You can take two hits outside the box. How do you think this can be utilised?

Shooting inside the box... You better be DAMN open.
We here in Aus play with sprint on. MUCH faster game. For someone to get a shot off from within the box requires a skill level you cannot contemplate.
You get the most brief period of time to catch aim shoot. You score - you deserve it - let all the cheerleaders blow you. You da man.
Deacan Sharp

Post by Deacan Sharp »

every time i see youuuuuu
i hear youuuuu
i wanttt youuuuuuu

then you write such bullshittttt
i cryyyyy.....

near
farrrr
where everrrr you areeee.. i believe that your bullshit rollls onnnnnnnnnnn