Level 52

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

kirbito

Re: Level 52

Post by kirbito »

For the previous levels it was enough for me to think and read forum threads to find the answers, but this level just made me ask for help for the first time... (not really happy about it, and I hope it doesnt become a habit -_-)
Anyone I can share some of my ideas with so I know if I am following the right path?
amh

Post by amh »

kirbito wrote: 04-12-2023 06:13 For the previous levels it was enough for me to think and read forum threads to find the answers, but this level just made me ask for help for the first time... (not really happy about it, and I hope it doesnt become a habit -_-)
Anyone I can share some of my ideas with so I know if I am following the right path?
Sure PM me.
stranger_sierra

Post by stranger_sierra »

So... like many others, I created an account for this level. I read through the whole thread for this level, but can't seem to find a way forward.

Some people said they have figured out the connection between the title and the pins, to me its not that obvious, though I have thought about one connection, but that's about it. As for the background image, I see it - but can't figure out how or where to use it.

I wondered a lot if it means something there are pins on some countries but not on others. Also spent a lot of time trying to plot the exact location of the pins, without success.

I'm feeling confident that I can't solve this without an additional clue or two. Please help!
amh

Post by amh »

stranger_sierra wrote: 29-02-2024 02:03 So... like many others, I created an account for this level. I read through the whole thread for this level, but can't seem to find a way forward.

Some people said they have figured out the connection between the title and the pins, to me its not that obvious, though I have thought about one connection, but that's about it. As for the background image, I see it - but can't figure out how or where to use it.

I wondered a lot if it means something there are pins on some countries but not on others. Also spent a lot of time trying to plot the exact location of the pins, without success.

I'm feeling confident that I can't solve this without an additional clue or two. Please help!
PM me.
stranger_sierra

Post by stranger_sierra »

Thank you amh for your help!
silverls

Post by silverls »

This level sucks and is inherently anti-notpron due to...

1. How many steps there are.
When I think of notpron, I think of extremely simple levels with barely any steps which can be as hard as riddles with extremely convoluted levels, due to there being the bare minimum amount of hints that are required to still be fair. For example, level 44 has only 2 steps but is pretty tricky due to there being only one hint which is pretty mysterious whilst giving the player just enough information to solve. This level forgoes this in exchange for a level with an unruly amount of steps to solve. One of the steps was added for no reason except to make it harder and it'd be a better level if it just wasn't there.

2. The hints.
In the demo version in the notpron book, David has a whole section about hinting. *spoiler removed*
The title hint on this page completely fits the criteria for David's anti-example here.

Also the map in the picture sucks and is kind of inaccurate, which makes the level even worse.

3.5/10

If this level was a negative or VERY VERY early greek, 4.5/10. (Slightly sub-par due to it not fitting in with notpron with how many steps there are.)

But this is a bad level because of how it doesn't fit in, and how the difficulty is a sharp spike. Most of the positive levels are honestly pretty easy and well-indicated, to bring you up to the sort of thinking required for these, but this one just isn't.