Not able to create a player account for -34

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

JonBee

Not able to create a player account for -34

Post by JonBee »

I have a couple of questions.

First off, at -34 im asked to create a player account by logging in with my forum account, but everytime i try it tells me "Sorry, these don't seem to be valid credentials for the Notpron forums or you didn't click the link in the activation e-mail yet." I have activated my account and i am positive i am using the right credentials. I just logged into the forums with the same ones.

Second off. I have been working on notpron with a couple of friends since the beginning and we've had a blast. One of my friends was able to create an account with no issues so we continued to work on it through his account. And no, we are not sharing accounts, simply working together through discord. We've made it -39 as im writing this. Even though this is fine and all and we are still enjoying ourself a lot, i would still like to be able to inspect the page and look for clues myself, instead of just watching him do it all. If i am able to create an account eventually, i would obviously know the answers to all level between -34 and -39 (or however far we've made it by that point) and this would obviously create a lot of red flags for cheating. How would I go about this without getting thrown out for cheating? Do i just have to watch him do everything and I just come with input?
lildude

Re: Not able to create a player account for -34

Post by lildude »

Having the same issue! Hope it's not just us missing something.
amh

Post by amh »

lildude wrote: 03-11-2020 06:03 Having the same issue! Hope it's not just us missing something.
I've advised the admin
Greyworld

Post by Greyworld »

I am having this exact issue, thought it could have just been part of the puzzle but looking into it just seems like there's a problem.
amh

Post by amh »

Please be patient all, while we look into it :)
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

I need some people that help me debug this. Apparently it doesn't happen for everyone, my own account and a freshly created test account work, and also it works for other people - but I've received a handful of reports that people have issues and I need to figure out why it works for some and not for others.
You can contact me on IRC or the notpron discord. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

This issue should be solved!

It worked for users coming from notpron.org, and it failed for users coming from deathball.net. I now created a redirect.
JonBee

Post by JonBee »

Thank you, I can confirm it is now working :) So because I worked on this together with my friend i now know the solutions up until -39. I am very hesitant to go there with my own account now, because it would obviously look very suspicious if I went through the next 5 levels in the matter of minutes. Should I avoid doing this and just keep working on it with my friend or will I be safe if I do it myself now?
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

No, it'll be alright, you can use your own.
JonBee

Post by JonBee »

Awesome, thank you so much
ThOwers

-

Post by ThOwers »

Im putting this in Questions About the Site because Ive already had questions....

Has anyone had problems with not being able to read the Forums as a Guest once youve logged out?

I know Pancake is. So am I.

Let me know.
Jay2k1
Administrator

Post by Jay2k1 »

I can read the forums just fine after logging out. Can you tell me which browser you used? Can you maybe show a screenshot what the forum looks like for you as a guest?
Armita Dorostkar

Post by Armita Dorostkar »

I reached level -34 a few hours ago and I’m facing the same problem as well.
I even created two accounts here and tried both of them but, so far, I haven't had any luck.
amh

Post by amh »

Armita Dorostkar wrote: 06-11-2021 20:00 I reached level -34 a few hours ago and I’m facing the same problem as well.
I even created two accounts here and tried both of them but, so far, I haven't had any luck.
If you are still having troubles, send the admin, Jay2k1, a PM.
Armita Dorostkar

Post by Armita Dorostkar »

amh wrote: 07-11-2021 17:28
Armita Dorostkar wrote: 06-11-2021 20:00 I reached level -34 a few hours ago and I’m facing the same problem as well.
If you are still having troubles, send the admin, Jay2k1, a PM.
Yes, unfortunately.
Ok, I’ll do it now. Thank you.