FINDING LEVEL SOLUTIONS ON THE INTERNET IS CHEATING!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Jay2k1
Administrator

FINDING LEVEL SOLUTIONS ON THE INTERNET IS CHEATING!

Post by Jay2k1 »

Some players are tempted to find level answers on the internet. This violates Notpron rules, is considered cheating and is not allowed. Any players found using online answers (many of which are now wrong) may be banned from finishing the riddle. It also completely spoils the satisfaction of solving a level!
If you need help, you can ask for it here in the forum, the IRC channel #notpron on Quakenet, or in the official Discord server. There is always someone willing to help, just be patient.
JackyJac

Re: FINDING LEVEL SOLUTIONS ON THE INTERNET IS CHEATING!

Post by JackyJac »

How about using crossword puzzle solvers? Would that fit into the spirit of "reach the next level by any means possible, except cheating"?

Cuz I'm hard stuck on level 16 and I think I know some of the letters, but can't form a word for the life of me... :P
amh

Post by amh »

Anagrammers and the like are fine
throwaway

Post by throwaway »

In level 72 I very early on encountered a cheat site that gave me part of the way of getting the solution to the level while trying to go on the forum. I almost let myself just go on that website and read what the solution is because I got a lot of the level spoiled for me just because of that ("what's the point?" is what I thought), but I decided to not do that. (I was reading the description of the page and I clicked off before I got past the part I was spoiled at because I changed my mind) Will this be enough for me to be banned from this game? (I also read cheats for levels I already solved recently, which I think should be allowed since I already solved that level but I'm just making sure.)
Last edited by throwaway on 30-03-2021 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
amh

Post by amh »

throwaway wrote: 29-03-2021 08:29 In level 72 I very early on encountered a cheat site that gave me part of the way of getting the solution to the level while trying to go on the forum. I almost let myself just go on that website and read what the solution is because I got a lot of the level spoiled for me just because of that ("what's the point?" is what I thought), but I decided to not do that. Will this be enough for me to be banned from this game? (I also read cheats for levels I already solved recently, which I think should be allowed since I already solved that level but I'm just making sure.)
"Will this be enough for me to be banned from this game? " <-- no
"I also read cheats for levels I already solved recently" I would not recommend that in case you accidentally see a later solution. You can always check your work by asking here, or in the IRC channel or Discord server.