Level Gamma

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

juniorzatta

Re: Level Gamma

Post by juniorzatta »

Back to the notpron, lost my e-mail with my old forum account.
But still stuck into gamma. sad.
burm87

Post by burm87 »

Just don't waste your time on this "level", it's not even a riddle. Figure out what you can then just bruteforce it, it's not worth anyone's time.
AlessaMason
Certified Finisher

Level Gamma,

Post by AlessaMason »

do me a favor, dig down till u hit lava-hot hell and then burn in there for all eternity. such a piece of garbage of a level! Eff -34 and eff Gamma. disgraceful level. all that work and in the end you have to guess what you see? eff that. eff that to hell and then some.
carbo25
Certified Finisher

Post by carbo25 »

I may have found one measly letter, but I could just as well be imagining things at this point. Can I PM someone?
amh

Post by amh »

carbo25 wrote: 03-07-2020 21:01 I may have found one measly letter, but I could just as well be imagining things at this point. Can I PM someone?
Sure
carbo25
Certified Finisher

Post by carbo25 »

Found three letters and then managed to guess the answer. And even now after knowing the answer, I still can't find the remaining letters. Not a fan of this one.
ajovanov

Post by ajovanov »

Finally found it after getting two letters and a dictionary.
Took me around three days to find the right method, after trying just about everything else...
On to Delta!
Hoops314

Post by Hoops314 »

oh gamma
torades

Post by torades »

hi. burning my eyes here.
i don't know if one can ask whether the things we're supposed to find are upper or lower case? i find potential ones of either kind but nothing meaningful so far.
amh

Post by amh »

torades wrote: 03-08-2020 12:31 hi. burning my eyes here.
i don't know if one can ask whether the things we're supposed to find are upper or lower case? i find potential ones of either kind but nothing meaningful so far.
PM sent
torades

Post by torades »

Yeeeah got it! I had to guess some in the end :)
walterwhite

Post by walterwhite »

I also think I found 2 (maybe 3) letters but I don't recognize any other. Can't form a word with these 2 (or 3 letters) by guessing... Can I pm someone to get sure that it is not just nonsense I found?
infiniteXforever
Certified Finisher

Post by infiniteXforever »

You can PM me.
frkygeoff

Post by frkygeoff »

WOW. After an emotional few days, I've finally solved gamma :,)
Tip for people stuck on it: I don't necessarily agree that the first process that comes to mind will likely be the correct one. But never doubt any process you come up with unless you can guarantee it's false. Same goes for lots of levels, but that definitely helped me out here because I didn't end up trying the correct method for a while, even though I had suspicions about it in the middle of trying a bunch of stuff.
The concept of this level is fantastic, but whatever tf is going on here in execution is total nonsense
Last edited by frkygeoff on 21-10-2020 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
writergrl15

Post by writergrl15 »

solved already, but want to share a few sentiments... what the HELL, david. who hurt you. this was without a doubt my least favorite level, for multiple reasons. for anyone stuck, i'm so, so sorry. if it helps, i've seen multiple ways to correctly solve, so if an idea pops up definitely don't knock it until you've tried it. you never know!