Level 8

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Mira

Re: Level 8

Post by Mira »

Hi!
Trying to figure this one out for two days now...
got the 'lol no you are sooo close..' message, and the 'are you looking for pron?' message.
So I've tried that sort of stuff, don't know how to get the 'Jay Pack' other than saving it. So I don't know what to do other than changing the url, and if I have to change the url I kind of gone through my ideas. Don't really have a specific question...cause I don't know what to ask.
Does anyone have a tip for me?
Maybe I should just give up if I can't even get through level8...

thanks
randomyoshi

Post by randomyoshi »

You can PM me.
amh

Post by amh »

Mira wrote:Hi!
Trying to figure this one out for two days now...
got the 'lol no you are sooo close..' message, and the 'are you looking for pron?' message.
So I've tried that sort of stuff, don't know how to get the 'Jay Pack' other than saving it. So I don't know what to do other than changing the url, and if I have to change the url I kind of gone through my ideas. Don't really have a specific question...cause I don't know what to ask.
Does anyone have a tip for me?
Maybe I should just give up if I can't even get through level8... <-- We all feel like that at some stage!!

thanks
RVM

Post by RVM »

Hello again.
So, I stoped playing cause I was working a lot, and I'm trying to get back so I started from the level 1 and I noticed some levels changed a little.
Now on this level 8, previously I used a method to solve it that seems to be incomplete now. Now it says to rename rather than accessing another one, but I am just renaming and don't know what exactly is going on.
By the way, I'm using Ubuntu this time, if that changes something
Nick_Sync
Certified Finisher

Post by Nick_Sync »

RVM wrote: 21-12-2019 04:25 Hello again.
So, I stoped playing cause I was working a lot, and I'm trying to get back so I started from the level 1 and I noticed some levels changed a little.
Now on this level 8, previously I used a method to solve it that seems to be incomplete now. Now it says to rename rather than accessing another one, but I am just renaming and don't know what exactly is going on.
By the way, I'm using Ubuntu this time, if that changes something
PM me, ill help you.
ZCometa

Level 8 error

Post by ZCometa »

So, yeah, me and my friends are stuck in the level 8.
We already find the password and name of the level, but no matter what it just ask us to put the name and pasword again. Why? What is happening? I see there other people with the same problem in few months here in the forum.
Some bug fix?
amh

Re: Level 8 error

Post by amh »

Assuming you solved the level properly, it should work. Try a few times, a few levels require that, we don't know why. If the trouble persists, PM me but I may take a while to respond.
luifrancgom

Post by luifrancgom »

Hello people from level 8 (The symbol * in this message is used to prevent spoilers):

Because of the message "w**** ****** ***e", initially I was thinking about something to do with religion like "wedding/cana" or "marriage/cana"

Then I get the message:

"lol no!
but you are so close!
**************************************************"
Next:

http://notpron.org/notpron/s****/m**3.mp3

This file was really strange. I even try listening backwards using: https://www.mp3-reverser.com/en/

Finally I found the answer that was naturally more simpler.

However I could not find the message 'are you looking for pron?' or something similar that was mentioned by Mira in this thread. Also anyone found other hiding things in this level?
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I think I’ve got the right user/pass but it doesn’t accept it. Who can I pm? :)
amh

Post by amh »

if it doesn't work after trying a few times you probably have the wrong password. Make sure you solve the levels properly, many solutions have changed and using a walkthrough will simply get you into trouble eventually.
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I have only recently begun, did not use spoilers and already made a lot of good steps in this level, that is why I’m fairly sure I have the right user/pw. Or maybe this level really requires a lot of steps...
amh

Post by amh »

Thunder wrote: 14-01-2020 21:57 I have only recently begun, did not use spoilers and already made a lot of good steps in this level, that is why I’m fairly sure I have the right user/pw. Or maybe this level really requires a lot of steps...
PM me with what you have and I will check
Syco

Post by Syco »

I go the "almost there" screen but I can't download anything, I also did start today.
Thunder

Post by Thunder »

I’ve tried to send you a pm but it stays in my outbox..? Am I doing something wrong?
fiofi

Post by fiofi »

No, amh didn't read your massage yet.