curve...

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DVDO_2000

curve...

Post by DVDO_2000 »

am i right in saying that to curve the ball you use the wheel mouse button, up for one way, and down for the other?
are there any tips for actually getting a good curve on the ball when shooting. cos i find it awkward to 'spin' the wheel while trying to run, aim, and shoot etc. instead of having to roll the wheel, wouldnt it be easier to haev like a spererate button to press?, eg, Q for left and E for right? rather than having to continously roll teh wheel
Diab

Post by Diab »

you can do that, just change the keys in the options.

since ut2k3 presets the mouse wheen to before/next weapon thats why you can use the wheel to bend it.

*edit* i prefer to use the wheel anyway, its not hard at all.
DVDO_2000

Post by DVDO_2000 »

so is the 'curve' function just built into the next wep, prev wep?
how do u use the wheel easily then? cos i find im concentrating on trying to constantly keep the wheel moving, and then i screw up teh shot :( got any tips?
Diab

Post by Diab »

move the wheel by one click at least WHILE you power up, you dont need to move it as the ball flys. only when you power up a normal shot.
DVDO_2000

Post by DVDO_2000 »

so do i only have to roll the wheel once during the power up, not thorugh out all teh power up ? cos i thought you had to roll teh wheel as you actaully release the ball. which was what i was finding hard to do
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

There are only three types of shot: Curve left, curve right, and straight. Straight shot -> When you charge up without pressing the next/prev weapon buttons/mousewheel.
Curve left -> When the prevWeapon button is pressed once or the mousewheel goes down one click during chargeup.
Curve right -> When the nextWeapon button is pressed once or the mousewheel goes up one click during chargeup.

You have no control over the amount of curve, and no control after the ball is released.
DVDO_2000

Post by DVDO_2000 »

ah, thanx. thats a lot of help. i didnt realis ethat it 'remembered' if u had pressed the button or not. so i was trying to get the timing rightso that as teh ball is released, i would roll the wheel. thanx for teh help
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

O_o he sounds stupid \o/

Neway...meh, just

Code: Select all

set input q PrevWeapon
set input e NextWeapon
And possibly add stuff behind it :o \o/ (by adding | (<-- a pipe) and then the command)
I spam "<---- Lobbing Left Banana" in Teamsay everytime i press the Q button :p

I find using those buttons way easier. I guess u shud just try and c what suits u best.
-plær-

Post by -plær- »

I use the mousewheel, *and* have a "curve left <---" teamsay bind, which gets nicely spammed as I spin the wheel far too much. \ o /