Worst game ever

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

people who say the hints are obscure and unfair, happens this way:
you have no clue - you check a walkthrough - you see 2 words (username + password), they seem to make no sense in relation to the level (because the solution is not in those walkthroughs) -> unfair, game sucks, i pwn, i go play counterstrike to challenge my mind
coyoteugly

Post by coyoteugly »

It just seems there are certain types of people who, if the answers don't fall directly in their lap, label the entire equation stupid. How boring and narrow minded.
Sp3ctre18

Post by Sp3ctre18 »

Problem is that Not Pr0n requires thinking. Obviously, XExtrinsicX is one of those who don't like to think. Go ahead and play counterstrike. Beware though, some games may require thinking and you brain will require usage. beware.
Mikash

Post by Mikash »

I’ve read through the forums and amongst all the wailing as well as all the praising and after playing it for a couple of days what I’ve concluded is that this game DOES actually have a few flaws… main one is I can’t play it during lunch breaks at work since I can’t download ANYTHING into this stupid machine apart from what’s authorized by the server here.
Needless to say that downloading managers and the likes are completely impossible to use.
I’ve seen people criticize the fact that it’s in English and so not available to people who don’t know the language (English is not my mother tongue either and I do just fine), I’ve seen people criticize that the hints are vague or that there aren’t enough of them…
Well, my biggest problem isn’t related to the research (I like research, I have to do it often in my line of work) and it certainly isn’t related to the difficulty of the riddles (they wouldn’t be riddles if they were easy).
It’s simply because I can’t actually GET the tools that will show me the way to the next level (no, I can’t play it at home so don’t even bother mentioning it).
I would much prefer it if it was like those old Spectrum text games where you picked up a few hints and objects as you progressed and had to work your way through the game with guessing and rationalizing (even if sometimes the correct choice was not so rational).

Even so, I’m not going to stop trying. Whenever I can’t get through a level because it’s out of my control I’ll resort to other ‘less honourable means’. I’m sorry to do so, but if it’s the only way to keep enjoying the game, that’s the road I’ll take.

Let me just congratulate the creator(s) for such a good idea. People really like this shit!
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

You don't need any download managers.
About the tools: Most of them (not all) are usually available as standard software on windows systems, and partly also on linux and mac computers.

If you want a text game, try this: http://thcnet.net/zork/index.php ;)
beachboy

Post by beachboy »

Before I success to go to Lv4,I got the same feeling as you.
But then,I felt very success when I did it
If you still think it is boring, I can say that,this is not a game for you
ThE eUrOdAnCe LoVeR

Post by ThE eUrOdAnCe LoVeR »

Well, if he doesn't like it it doesn't matter, he has the right to dislike something, there are many things I don't like (or even hate) that I'm sure you all love, I'd rather not tell what ;)
I learn things with this, but some I enjoy learning, some I don't, some I forget, so it's not always positive but who cares... I like this game a lot, but I also play non-thinking games sometimes (though 1- not much and 2- all 80s/90s games... not online and not recent) :)
It is frustrating though, but when I get too frustrated I take a (sometimes long) break. :)

Ah yes, I didn't know that I was so UNcreative, proved in levels 11, 17 and others :lol:
Asriel
Certified Finisher

Re: Worst game ever

Post by Asriel »

XExtrinsicX wrote:The makers of this game are clearly sadistic. The hints are obscure. Unless you know [semi spoiler removed] you'll never make beyond level 4 and honestly, why would anyone want to? Boring and frustrating best describes the game. Go buy Battlefield 2 if you want to play something, this game sucks.
Lol u just suck
Jay2k1
Administrator

Re: Worst game ever

Post by Jay2k1 »

Asriel wrote:
XExtrinsicX wrote:The makers of this game are clearly sadistic. The hints are obscure. Unless you know [semi spoiler removed] you'll never make beyond level 4 and honestly, why would anyone want to? Boring and frustrating best describes the game. Go buy Battlefield 2 if you want to play something, this game sucks.
Lol u just suck
I don't think that guy will read your answer after 13 years. No need to dig up such old threads. /closed