Level 8

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

frkyjenn

Re: Level 8

Post by frkyjenn »

google can help you :)
dsty292

Post by dsty292 »

It took me a really long time to figure this one out, but I noticed something interesting, not sure why. Both of these I found through the source code.

First, I encountered the same thing as glowingjap, in that there is a way to directly access the pop-up password box for level 10. Not entirely sure why it's there in the first place.

Second, I didn't realize until after I solved the level, but looking back now, the password and username show up in the source code. Is that supposed to happen?
amh

Post by amh »

Diabolical level at this stage IMHO .... .jaypack...who is this "guy", DavidM's invisible friend??
ktscupcake

Post by ktscupcake »

i'm stuck. downloaded the one thing to my desktop and renamed it to end in the other thing. nothing happens. anybody have a tip for me?
luka9x

Re:

Post by luka9x »

DavidM wrote:You should rename a file rather than accessing a new one?
Yes, go GET it and rename it.
When you're not thinking out of the box ... I was browsing through channels on youtube trying to find something for more than an hour >.<
tameshrewd53

Post by tameshrewd53 »

frkyjenn wrote:not sure how you got there but that's a pop up box for a much later level. :)
I know how someone falls in that a/b Alice and Wonderland hole and it got me digging deeply also.
Digging further into Jay Pack has me looking into another curious dig.
LOL too much background music on my hippy brain.
Great personal evaluation game!
Come back for gain?
F!SH

Post by F!SH »

I found a weird thing on this level when tinkering with file names. I found an image that was black with white text that said "Looking for pr0n here?" I'm not sure if that correlates to anything but I don't see anything about it on the forums.
Nied7

Post by Nied7 »

F!SH wrote:I found a weird thing on this level when tinkering with file names. I found an image that was black with white text that said "Looking for pr0n here?" I'm not sure if that correlates to anything but I don't see anything about it on the forums.
That's an easter egg.
BrunoSantana

Post by BrunoSantana »

What program can I download to download the .mp3 files?
devon-_-

Post by devon-_- »

you dont need any program, just open it. pass the mouse over the mp3 file in source code and it shows you it's url to open it
guidojordan

Post by guidojordan »

Then what?
amh

Post by amh »

guidojordan wrote:Then what?
Well, that is what you need to figure out, it's a riddle ...
Nivixi

Post by Nivixi »

devon-_- wrote:you dont need any program, just open it. pass the mouse over the mp3 file in source code and it shows you it's url to open it
Just wanted to say that this does not work with Internet Explorer when you 'view source'. I don't know if it used to but it doesn't appear to work anymore. Right clicking also only gives you the option to 'Copy' or 'Select All'. It works perfectly fine in Chrome, however, when you 'view page source'. You can also right click to save to desktop in Chrome.
hugaporcupine

Post by hugaporcupine »

Will this work on mobile Android? I'm using Firefox and everything else has worked so far. I installed a file downloader and entered what I needed to and it won't download anything. It just says "waiting." I tried downloading both possible ways, if that makes sense w/o going into too much detail. So now I'm wondering if I'm just doing something wrong or if I need an actual computer? Thanks!
amh

Post by amh »

Not sure, but sooner or later you will need a PC to solve levels