Level MINUS 33

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Akumuchi

Re: Level MINUS 33

Post by Akumuchi »

I'm still waiting.... 0_0
maskism

Post by maskism »

So I've gone up to level kappa never having paid or requested a password. When I'd return to the riddle after a few days I just entered the un:pw solution from level -33 and it worked, I always thought the taxinfo was some joke to mislead cheaters. But now suddenly the un:pw from level -33 no longer works. Did I miss something? Was I enjoying a fluke and never should have been able to play past this level before?
Alex

Post by Alex »

It was a bug, I mailed David about it a week ago and he adressed the problem today.
If you pay the tax you'll recieve a unique uname/pw that will work for you until the end.
JohnnyDazzle

Post by JohnnyDazzle »

I've experienced the same situation as maskism. I've been to level kappa never having paid anything. Do i have to pay the tax to access those levels again ?
marcpeyre

Post by marcpeyre »

Is it still possible to buy the tax to get to the next levels?
It doesn't seem that David is still active on this forum...
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Yes, you can still contact DavidM and pay the tax.
marcpeyre

Post by marcpeyre »

Awesome, thanks! I've sent him the tax and an email to notify him :) can't wait to continue playing!
Assassine

Post by Assassine »

I can see why you would want to prevent people from cheating, but i think this is the wrong way.

Id rather have some people false-bragging about it than lock out honest players.

Im probably gonna pay it (though it would be nice to have some kind of guarantee that you actually get a UN/PW and not have to wait 3 months), but this still bugs me. A lot.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Assassine wrote:I can see why you would want to prevent people from cheating, but i think this is the wrong way.

Id rather have some people false-bragging about it than lock out honest players.

Im probably gonna pay it (though it would be nice to have some kind of guarantee that you actually get a UN/PW and not have to wait 3 months), but this still bugs me. A lot.
No one is forced to pay anything. And the tax isn't to keep false bragging down, it's to keep spoilers from being posted. It's a system that has worked for many years. It's a minimal amount of money (heck David even offers options to avoid giving him actual money)..
DougM
Certified Finisher

Post by DougM »

Hello...hopefully this forum is still being monitored. I have paid the specified tax and emailed David at the specified email address a week ago, but I haven't received my user id/pw to proceed. Do I just keep waiting or should I email David again?

Thanks in advance, DougM

UPDATE: Over a week and still no reply on the forum or from David :( Out of curiosity, is any NOTPRON moderator still active?

FINAL UPDATE: Yes, David M is still giving out accounts to those that pay the tax! :D
For whatever reason, he didn't receive the first email, but my second reached him and I am back to more head banging, er NOTPRON :)
guzu

Post by guzu »

Well I just payed the tax today and I am already anxious to get my un/pw :P
Will be waiting to resume Notpron.

GRATE JOB WITH THE RIDDLE btw :D

//edit WOW Just got my un/pw only a few hours after I sent the e-mail. Thank you David.
VivaFnatic

Post by VivaFnatic »

Did anything change or does -33 + still require some kind of payment to continue? Is DavidM still working at this project?
long story short. Does he still provide new ppl with u/p's?
amh

Post by amh »

The "tax" needs paying still. I got my un/pwd in about a week.
Mr_Geek

Post by Mr_Geek »

Help !! I reached level minus 33 and the *bleep* says *bleep* is not found, now when i found the answer which is *bleep*, i entered them and it was correct, but then it asked to go to *bleep* and then another user/pass form appeared !!
ANY clues please, i've been stuck on it for a long time.
Thank you
Last edited by amh on 30-04-2016 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of spoilers
amh

Post by amh »

You can PM me, but please don't post details like that here in the thread!