What is the current status of DB in North America?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

WTF-PWN

What is the current status of DB in North America?

Post by WTF-PWN »

Just graduated from college and am getting a new computer... feel inclined to play a game again, and have to question whether North American DB is still in existence considering it was my favorite game of all time. Was never a fan of 3v3 VO, but if that was all that currently existed I would be excited as hell to play. Now if 5v5 full Lowcube games were still around, I would be ecstatic.

So what's going on with NA DB?
WTF-PWN

Re: What is the current status of DB in North America?

Post by WTF-PWN »

Nonetheless, it was such a unique game that I felt like the community appreciated so much that I can't believe it'd just be completely dead. No idea how it could be revived if it was dead tho really... damn the version 2.3/2.4 schism!!!
WTF-PWN

Post by WTF-PWN »

did the game die because it was so noob-unfriendly that no one really ever joined and thus when people moved on, there was no one left to play?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Its reliance on solid teamwork meant that people looked for more organised games on IRC which left pubs as volley only and noob unfriendly. The change of goal size obviously had a large impact on the install base. The fact that UT2003/4 weren't as popular as UT must have had an effect too. Still, it's had a fair innings. :)