Deathball eh?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

kfoster13

Deathball eh?

Post by kfoster13 »

Hey everyone, I used to play this mod a long time ago back in UT2003, just like everyone else, and yeah, it was super cool back then, blah blah.

I was wondering what's the status with Deathball. I have read some posts on the forums trying to find an answer, but some are too old to be considered valid.

So I'm just wondering, are there still IRC pick-up games around? I saw people saying in some posts "we play like 7-8 3v3 matches every day", but it was back in 2007 or 2008 it seems, so I would like to know if people are still playing. I'm not asking for an UT3 DB or anything, just wondering if people still play this on UT2004. I might be able to get like 3 or 4 other guys with me if I can convince them that people still play this.

Also, I would like to know something else. I'm canadian (in North America of course if you suck that much at geography) and I remember a while ago I went on the same forums here and I asked something about which version North Americaners play, but I don't remember this particular version. I remember people saying that 2.4woot version (or 2.4w) was mostly played by Europeans. And the version people told me to get actually had a few more servers and players. So can anyone tell me which version NA plays? I really don't remember.

Thanks in advance!
The_One

Re: Deathball eh?

Post by The_One »

People (including me) still play on quakenet #deathball. The NA scene, I think, is dead but there are still some who play on European servers (2.4w). They don't ping that bad.

Maybe someone else has more to add. I've only recently started playing again myself. :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Whenever I'm gone from DB myself for some months and come back, it's always the same people playing as 5 years ago, also with the same activity. Nothing ever changes, it seems.
The_One

Post by The_One »

Which is both a shame and kind of nice I guess.
Goldengun!

Post by Goldengun! »

Hey folks!

It has been a long time! So the deathball standalone project is dead?

bai
Shinobi

Post by Shinobi »

There is always hope, but if you really like DB you should start by helping it...And in this case it's by playing it.

The more interest/playtime it gets the better chances of a brighter future for deathball/supra.