Level Nu (Real)

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

what what what? :)
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Wow.. I'm amazed at how quickly AK got through the last of the negatives and the greeks.

He was stumped on -40 a week ago. lol

Congrats Ak. :)
Ak-01
Certified Finisher

Post by Ak-01 »

Not exactley a week but no wonder. I spend 12-15 hours a day on that stuff. Oh and i "cheated" through few levels with my special puzzle solving method :)
kpatterson

Post by kpatterson »

haha jenn i'm about as surprised as you are... considering he and i were on the same level at the same time and i've been stuck on beta for two days now while he brings the total up to ten. Truly an impressive feat Ak, I hope someday we'll see a Xi or Omicron.. *crosses fingers*
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

He didn't "cheat" per say.. but he did skip some levels by using some sort of program (I didn't understand his explanation..) and it's not how I would have wanted to complete notpron- for me it wasn't about getting to the end.. it was about completing the levels (Does that make sense? lol)
For him it was obviously about "beating notpron" *shrugs*
kpatterson

Post by kpatterson »

i fully understand, i was given a similar explanation... i assume more brief than yours, but yeah... i dunno, personal preference. to be honest I think I would be beyond ecstatic to simply reach any of the higher level Greeks as their reputations are so difficult and often mysterious.

aaaaaaand... back to Beta.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Well you know how to reach me if you need any help. :)

Solving the levels (even if you do get really really frustrated) is so much more fun than brute forcing your way through.
Ak-01
Certified Finisher

Post by Ak-01 »

Well let`s say it was not an aim to beat it as fast as possible at first. I just found out sime strange things while i was waiting on
-33 for my account. It was more than a week. So i studyed i explained what. Then i noted that what i found have nothing to do with what i saw before. But as soon as certain level popped up - here was that. I got lucky to "skip" or "solve" some of the hardest levels before. And about program well it doesn`t help you solve anything it just lets you store your links. It does not reveals any hidden pages or something - it just makes visible all you got. Helpful tool if u search for something. I personally love tools. And ofc this explanation is vague enough for you to never find out this software if you don`t really know what it does :)

YOu can call it "luck" or "pre-solving" or "flow" well.

I got really good time solving riddles. And i can name my favorites. But i more like logic and bruteforcing than abstract thinking. That why i solved level Mu before i solved -34 and -34 before i saw actual pic. Pure bruteforce with just a good screwdriver. It makes it easyer, but it wont work for others if they think different.
Last edited by Ak-01 on 11-06-2009 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
DarkMaster

Post by DarkMaster »

Ak-01 wrote: That why i solved level Mu before i solved -34 and -34 before i saw actual pic.
Lol, i solved - 34 whitout seeing it too, it's not impossible to do.
Ak-01
Certified Finisher

Post by Ak-01 »

Jeez im being paranoid now. First thing i do now is look at the source - no matter what site im looking at watching for clues :)

I blame David!
AgentBreschnew
Certified Finisher

Post by AgentBreschnew »

oke.. oke... i say it.
i also solved this thing.. blablabla

and i thought it was a fake, cause i didnt look at the numbers or anything at all. just wrote what spontaneous came into my mind.

(ths to snowman, who provoked me to do that ;P)

well - funny funny, ha ha - i still do not believe into this "trans-abnormal-LSD-psycho-reality-wtf"
Ak-01
Certified Finisher

Post by Ak-01 »

How do you explain we had EXACTLEY same thing in our visions ah?

I still can`t believe either. And that means i will sleep restlessly unless i prove that im sane..... or insane 8)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

The last 3 or 4 people solved the thing at the first attempt. Some little inaccuracies everytime, but the main 2 objects were always named first.

AgentBreschnew, you aren't Emma (who says she's not signed up on the forums) by any chance? Because there was no-one else (except Ak) solving it in the last few weeks.
AgentBreschnew
Certified Finisher

Post by AgentBreschnew »

right - emma is my second name. my second "personality" hehe.
i'm signed as alex (first name)

thought about giving it a try in an anonyme way^^
AgentBreschnew
Certified Finisher

Post by AgentBreschnew »

Ak-01 wrote: How do you explain we had EXACTLEY same thing in our visions ah?

I still can`t believe either. And that means i will sleep restlessly unless i prove that im sane..... or insane 8)

calm down^^ i didn't have any "visions"
just was reading my university-stuff, when snowman "forced" me to write david.
i thought it could be funny though and wrote the first shit of which i was thinking at that second. didn't even look at the numbers or anything.