Post by GraGoyle|ZBN »

:rolleyes:
FireCell

Post by FireCell »

:devil: Didnt mean to sound like im having a pop =x
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Diab wrote: matrix....hmmm

ya had that idea too, but how would you wanna do it?
impossible with ut's demo (or play system)
maybe with playersonly in botmatch
Diab

Post by Diab »

the video atm is 15fps, a stead grab and compress rate for my 1.25 pc to handle, if i were to grab 2 players, use a pw server and get them to throw a few pro shots and saves i could grab them at 30 fps and slow them, though that wont give the camera spin effect.

you know how ut runs better then i do so im sure you will find a method :D

oh one thing, when you player spec in ut2k3 and the camera sticks to the player and you can rotate it, are you able to add a slot for the ball to be spectated from the same method?
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Not bad.

But as much as I love the Crystal Method... Keep Hope Alive is soooo overused :P

The video isn't bad, but it could have been done alot better.
What you'd want to do instead of watching a public server is getting two 'pro' teams to just have a fun match, where there is less emphasis on defense (we don't want to have pbox camping in our vid ;>) and they are basically just trying to pull off the awesomest moves.

The camera work was OK, but not super. What would really rock is some picture-in-picture to show the same play from different angles, which would need more than one camera man. But you want more than one camera man anyway, even if you aren't doing picture-in-picture simply because you can get overall better shots that way.

I think the quality was acceptable, tho it was a tad low. DivX is cool and all but you might want to try a higher bitrate.

Also, these suggestions would be for a 'promotional' video of sorts. If you were trying to make an instructional video you failed horribly ;)

**EDIT**

If you want matrix stuff, use a script to move the camera. Moving it by hand with the mouse will end up looking shitty.
Last edited by Astroboy on 07-08-2003 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
Diab

Post by Diab »

im sure i can rotate using numpad arrows, might be a bit nicer for rotational parts. though right now the numpad is where all my binds are :D
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

nice work for a first vid, keep it up diab :)
DiStUrbeD

Post by DiStUrbeD »

One of the things i did not like about the video is when you zoomed WAY in on the stuff. I found it not needed.

I can't really give more of an explination, cuz im real tired...but you catch my drift
Diab

Post by Diab »

once the zoom gets close its hard to get right, its quite sensative.
fro

Post by fro »

text would be nice, ie the 'your_mom scored for red team' blah
Cyph

Post by Cyph »

It's a pretty cool video for a first time. Maybe you'd want to do something like the Rush guys did for their team photo, too, get a 5on5 going and get all the players to line up before starting the game.
Diab

Post by Diab »

well im sure zbn will offer to help with server and team, just need another team to play plz.

best time for me to do any more recs atm is sat-sun night.

oh also, jue to my mega skillz and cheap instuments i found a way to make text appear but not over frames, just before or after..ehe (dont have full editing software)
GraGoyle|ZBN

Post by GraGoyle|ZBN »

Yeah ZBN will be glad to help m8! Just dont ask me to do any tricks :lol:
Yurimasa

Post by Yurimasa »

Wouldn't mind a bit more of timing between the visuals and the audio myself, and also nicer stuff, but as its not a very serious movie it doesn't really matter, made a short one myself just now actually, http://www.badct.de/dlredir.php3?id=1599&type=file if you want to download it.

Might aswell go the whole way if I'm gonna get flamed for lame pimping, so here's my other movie (most downloaded UT2003 movie up to date) http://www.badct.de/dlredir.php3?id=1438&type=file

Thinking of putting some DB in my next movie, would be cool as I got the perfect xillerating player to help me get good material! :D
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

uhm this is about DB movies