Level Lambda *NEW*

Hints and questions about specific levels. Be careful not to post spoilers!

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Cowley
Certified Finisher

Piece of cake

Post by Cowley »

In fact it was done without any 404-messages. Don't think too complicated and you will do it too. :)
gamemastertips
Certified Finisher

Post by gamemastertips »

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! *repeatedly smashes head upon desk*
Tuen

Post by Tuen »

I'll echo Cowley's advice. Don't think too complicated. It seems to be the most common foe in notpr0n.

Also, feel free to PM! I won't be on much today since I'm traveling from college to home (end of term /o/), but other than that, I check them every day.

-Tuen
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

gamemastertips wrote: AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!! *repeatedly smashes head upon desk*

you know you can PM me and bounce ideas off me if you need to.. :)
gamemastertips
Certified Finisher

Post by gamemastertips »

Thanks everyone, I will PM my ideas when I get some. *cries* I have a feeling that the ideas that bounce off people simply hit me back in the head... By now, led by the method of simplicity, I simply gaze hypnotically at the *censored* hoping that the answer will miraculously jump at my face. My m8 thought he saw "ubdi," but I doubt I'm anywhere near the answer. GnerGH... :angry:
Caym
Certified Finisher

Post by Caym »

...nothing in my brain... nothing on the screen... nothing... damn stuck on this one :eek:
The end is so close and so far at the same time...
So I will go back to work on this one...
Mehtbh
Certified Finisher

Post by Mehtbh »

Tuen wrote: Heyo neo-lambda solvers! (ever notice that most of the posts from solvers past are like, 2 years old?)

We should all get our heads together via PMs sometime. Its a very doable puzzle, apparently. Cowley pulled it off several minutes after being stuck on Kappa for weeks, apparently.

Anyways, if anyone wants to bounce ideas off of me, I'll definitely collaborate. Many minds are better than one!

This puzzle makes me miss vague titles though.

Anyways, onwards~

-Tuen

-----

Edit - Uh. I solved it. I guess this is what happens when I don't have Final Exams breathing down my neck. /o/

Onwards and Upwards!
God damnit. Missed opportunity there. Coulda just teamed up with the guy destined to solve it days later!
Mehtbh
Certified Finisher

Post by Mehtbh »

I am so close.

And yet feel so far.

Soon, Lambda.

Soon.. >:|
Mehtbh
Certified Finisher

Post by Mehtbh »

Sooner than I thought!

at 3:55 in the morning, I solved Lambda.

Oh god that feels good.

never found that egg though.
Tuen

Post by Tuen »

I never found an egg either >.>

Is there really an egg for this level? Oh wellz :-p (although egg hunting is fun)

-Tuen
Caym
Certified Finisher

there was one...

Post by Caym »

and very useful... it saved me :rolleyes:
Mil79
Certified Finisher

Re: Piece of cake

Post by Mil79 »

Cowley wrote: In fact it was done without any 404-messages. Don't think too complicated and you will do it too. :)

I just have to say that this was the worst advice for this level. This almost cost me figuring out this level. Maybe not for others but I'm going to give my thoughts.

This level isn't really unfair in my opinion. It's completely fair.

You do have to think a little don't dumb yourself to a stupid simple answer.

Don't over exert yourself to a super smart answer.

I found the egg and personally, I think the egg was completely useless but after solving I completely understood what the point of it was but still don't believe it was helpful enough to get the answer. I was better off not finding it lol.

I'm just lucky I guess I starting thinking what would David do lol and it happened to be right.

Also just a note that all these previous levels that didn't happen to have a google bar, either I'm dumb or something because I've had to use google to solve almost every level in this game lol.
Last edited by Mil79 on 27-03-2009 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Mehtbh
Certified Finisher

Post by Mehtbh »

Well googling to help yourself with something isn't necessarily wrong on a level with no google bar.

The fact there isn't one there is just a sign that at no point in the levels construction did it's creator think "And then I'll have the player use google for this and.."

The awesome terror of this painful level and even the one before it kind of makes sense. They were the end game of notpron.

And it would be hard when David wanted to add new levels, to keep these as the end levels when their are people that already know their solution. If that makes any sense.
Last edited by Mehtbh on 06-02-2009 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

I think the egg is really helpful. Would probably not have solved the level without it.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Every person and every level is unique.

What one person found helpful another found useless. It just depends on how the mind is working at that moment.