Notpron 2

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Triumph

Post by Triumph »

btw I would pay up to 5$, given that the levels aren't as insane and arbitrary as the Greek ones and that we get a little bit support on the forums.
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Hey! :mad: Jenn and me, we're doing our best here!
*grmpf*
Triumph

Post by Triumph »

Hey, no offence. I'm sure you're doing a great job, but it seems to me that "Sorry, no hints here" is the sentence I've read the most in the Greek threads. ;)
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Just a reminder: Notpron didn't consist only of greek levels.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Triumph wrote: Hey, no offence. I'm sure you're doing a great job, but it seems to me that "Sorry, no hints here" is the sentence I've read the most in the Greek threads. ;)

I help a select few on the "no help here" levels.

I'm picky though. Someone has to prove to me to have been working on notpron. If I haven't seen them on the boards asking for help for a few months then I won't help them. I figure if they required NO help in the first 100 levels. They don't need any help in the greeks.
SpudY2K

Post by SpudY2K »

I would assume that like Notpron there'll be a difficulty curve so it'll get harder as you go through and less and less help will be given. I don't know for certain though, only one person does.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

In Notpron the levels were growing with me and the players. I sorta felt how far I can push it, because I was always in such a close contact with the players. The hints got rarer all the time. In late levels there only needs to be an empty line in the source code for the player to lift an eye lid and get suspicious ;)
But generally it was going up and down a bit, just naturally, so after a hard level you get a few easy ones, until you get to the next hard rock again. It feels just right.
It will happen right again. The main problem is, that I have no idea yet how to deliver the goal that I have...
.:alamar:.

Post by .:alamar:. »

i think a linear learningcurve is just fine.

but as Triumph said.. some of those greek were just right....

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

(no sorry, i just did that for the joke. they were ok, but a little bit too "around the corner")
Last edited by .:alamar:. on 05-03-2008 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
SpudY2K

Post by SpudY2K »

The Greeks were okay, Kappa was ridiculously hard (well I wouldn't even say hard, just clueless) but at least the others had some sort of logical progression to the answer.

Anyway, one more question. Do you plan to use level ideas submitted to you this time? Just because I might have an idea for a level.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Yes, but you have no idea what I'm trying to accomplish, yet.
Ryoga
Certified Finisher

Post by Ryoga »

I'm always reading that Kappa and Lambda are damn hard, it pains me that I'm struggling with Delta.

I'd be cheering for a new style in notpron 2 though, I hope that the inspiration strikes soon :)
s7rYd3r

Post by s7rYd3r »

Any more news on this from the front lines? Battling inspiration / creativity can be tough, I know that I suck at it. I am only at 76 right now so I got a LONG ways to go, but its always sweet to hear of something new!
SpudY2K

Post by SpudY2K »

Weird, I just dreamt that Notpron 2 was complete and ready to be played. It seemed to be more puzzle based with longer, interconnected riddles. There was also a Notpron 3 on the page where I found it, though I didn't actually look at that one so I guess it remains a mystery. When I woke up I had a strange combination of disappointment and relief, disappointment because it doesn't actually exist, but relief because my free time won't be taken up by another notpron during time I should be studying. Ah well, that's dreams for you.
AgentBreschnew
Certified Finisher

Post by AgentBreschnew »

oh my... i can't believe that there really exist people, who - after have gone through notpron - are seriously looking foward for a second version....

this is weird..

fucking nerds xD
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

That's where the nerd babies come from :D