WTF is up with tennis?!?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Armagon

WTF is up with tennis?!?

Post by Armagon »

I just tried tennis for the first time (I hadn't been able to until this point) and I find that whenever I go into tennis (spectating OR playing) I get this really weird bug. When I'm on the court, I can't look forward or backwards otherwise the screen turns a dark green a number sits in the middle. Whenever I turn back left or right. the screen goes back to normal.

This is what I can see if I'm not looking forward towards the court.

and this is what happens when I look more directly forward across the court.

What the hell is this? Can it be fixed?
Instigator

Post by Instigator »

Have the bonus packs?
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Yes.
TEZC_Robban

Post by TEZC_Robban »

oh my, thats some strange shit o_O
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

this is a graphics card bug i believe... either that or a db bug, im pretty sure yo'll have the exact same effect if you play cube on highest details. its a problem with the scoreboard/speedometer.

you have options..bug david M to fix the whole thing.

play a different tennis map.. (stadium is the only one with speedometer) http://www.deathball-tennis.com for those.

buy a new graphics card
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

ill add detail settings for the speedometer for you in the next version so it can only be seen on highest, that way you can still play stadium
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

i made now a small testmap (20kb unzipped o/) to test if its epics fault (some bug in their scriptedtexture) or somethings wrong with the scoreboard / speedmeter script. it contains 2 displays, one with a texture client made by epic and theother one with the texture client that is used with the scoreboard in db (same way coded as speedmeter). first jsut displays "test", second displays elapsed time in mm:ss .

dl the attached map and check if that bug happens for both displays in that map. if only the "test" display works somethings borked in the scoreboard, if both work it would be strange o_O and otherwise there's something wrong with epics scripted texture.

note: this file is only for people that experience that bug in db-cube / ten-stadium as it should work anyway for everyone else.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

in that screeny you put up Armagon, your skybox is missing... Try reinstalling UT2003... I know that fixed a LOT of my issues. Uninstall it, clear the directory completely and only put back on the necessities.

Just doing that improved my framerate by about 5-10 for some random reason i still have yet to figure out but i'm thinking it may be the map loading process and momerly load or something (not important, rambling, mb)
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

Well I did recently change video cards, if that would have anything to do with it. I'll re-install and let you know if it works.
Cenotaph

Post by Cenotaph »

do u have the latest drivers for ur video card?? could be it, make sure to have the latest UT2003 patch 2225 too
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I re-installed UT2003, there was no change. I have the most recent drivers, both the bonus packs.
The_One

Post by The_One »

what's your card?
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

i think its a gf2 mx something
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

I just tested this problem on TEN-RedPlanet, I don't get the bug.
The_One

Post by The_One »

i guess you've tried messing with the detail settings, putting them all at their lowest.

check your display properties to make sure nothing is set oddly there.