Volley suggestions

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Onge

Post by Onge »

but I am affraid 90% of the players (wallkids) will complain
And complain they will. As a sweeper, I love players trying wallpasses as they're a piece of piss to defend against. Other than bringing back the old walls for Curve I don't think any changes outlined in this thread would be worthwhile...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

ya, wallkids never ever score, its a shame they keep on trying it over and over :/

I will just try it, so when people get used to the wall they will learn to attack in good ways
NightSpirit|ZBN

Post by NightSpirit|ZBN »

DavidM wrote: the old wall in curve will come back
i plan to do the same in cube
but I am affraid 90% of the players (wallkids) will complain

YAY! \o/
Thank you :)

I don't think it will be as many as 90% of players tho. Some will complain because it is the only way they can score - but if the old db-curve wall comes back then it's still possible ... just you have to be carefull how high you aim it. There are plenty of good players about who can score via many other ways tho.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

:( no1 agrees volleys shud take more skill? (or at least in the way i suggested) :( *sniff* ne1? :p

ps: plz post ur suggestions how to add more skill (difference) to db? pweasey weasey?
The_One

Post by The_One »

db should randomly reverse the x and y axis of your mouse. that will make things much harder.
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

random = teh suck... thats why i dont like deflect TBH. It cant be used for anything other than spam.
The_One

Post by The_One »

it was sarcastic by the way.
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

i think should just set a constant volley power of 1900

2000 was too fast
1800 is slightly too slow

1900 would be perfect
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Sequa wrote: I don't like any of the ideas. The gameplay is perfect as it is now.

"move forward = more power"

Maybe this can be used for boosts as well. So the keeper can boost players much further when dodging towar the player
I have to agree, the only thing I'm agreeing with on this thread is old Curve coming back and OldCube retuning. But no way should the current Cube be discarded, just a defination made between the two.
f1end

Post by f1end »

YOYO...ever studied physics? o_O

P.S. I quite like a couple of the ideas...but they are too much to change really.

Volleys still should be slightly slower i think as standard...and maybe only 50% power if u were the last person to touch the ball b4 u volley (to stop whoring)
Last edited by f1end on 29-07-2003 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

Can we just plain LOCK the settings at some point...

IE now

(apart from sprint back to 1.6).

Volleys are fine. Maps are fine.

Changing gameplay every new version really gets annoying.

Up the features / increase the map complexity or design... but lockdown the rules... and just let people adjust and be happy.