Tennis wishlist

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

auto serv will be a serv for noobs, it will cross the net every time with one click but it will be slow and crappy :)

ya ill find a way of making the server have an advantage.. speed of serv is not the way to do this. hmm ill find a way, but you should really play the latest version, it has tons added and its much more fun
f1end

Post by f1end »

I will...if u add my anna kournikova piccies to 1 of the maps o_O
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

i just aim fairly high and do right clicks as my auto second serve
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

f1end wrote: it's "lawn tennis", "real tennis" is played inside).

rofl, since when?
f1end

Post by f1end »

About the 11th century...i beleive u call it "royal tennis" in aus
The_One

Post by The_One »

click here for info about "real tennis".
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

DONE --> important 7. Allow full movement for recievers when ball is released from server, not when it crosses the net.

DONE --> important 14. Gibbing on by default

DONE --> important 20. If ball is held for X seconds on serv the ball is reset (idlers)
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

Need to have gibs being counted and have a most gibbed award pls :devil:
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

this is my todo list if anyones interested, much is already done

--> important 1. JKII tourney system - refer to picture
--> important 2. Make sure sound only occurs when the ball is hit
--> important 3. change in own penalty zone icon to within court icon
4. Change tiny UT logo in top left whilst speccing to tennis ball, change lines to green
--> important 5. Fix bugs on people leaving/joining
6. code Fish's gun
--> important 7. Allow full movement for recievers when ball is released from server, not when it crosses the net.
--> important 8.sometimes when the ball hits the top of the net a point is scored.
9.make streaks come from feet on dodge - option
--> important 10. Its reported that sometimes when ball is shot out of stadium a point is scored - ive never experienced this though
--> important 11. speedometer doesnt work on all servs - goldy?
--> important 12. Auto serv
13. Balls uses emmiter when over a certain speed so smashes look cool
--> important 14. Gibbing on by default
15. Use "ohh what a wonderful smash - orgasm" sound when a point is won with a ball over a certain speed.
16. Real tennis scoring system, eg love, 15, 30, 40, deuce, game, tiebreak, set, match
--> important 17. Remove lag on blocking volumes, teddy said he knew how to do this
18. Add floor static meshes to map, chairs etc
19. Finish some map work
--> important 20. If ball is held for X seconds on serv the ball is reset (idlers)
21. Goals can not be scored when only 1 player is on the court
22. Ball launcher spawns when player is on court on his own, will launch random balls across for practice returning. Also used in singleplayer, dissapears when player joins. Prephaps a bot with a ball launcher model would do this? - fish will model ball launcher.
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

--> important 10. Its reported that sometimes when ball is shot out of stadium a point is scored - ive never experienced this though

In my experience, this only happens when the red team shoots the ball into the stands (back wall, seating, top of grandstand, etc), but never when blue team does the same
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

I think you should have it so you cannot start charging right click until the opposition has hit the ball

to counter this, the right click should charge a little faster as well tho
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

You've never noticed the big red X on your charge meter?

You can still go ahead and charge, it just won't do you any good.
YoYo789

Post by YoYo789 »

lol, i'm fairly sure you didn't read that correctly...

but i disagree wth u pot, if you want to start charging early then you pay for it with lack of mobility... it's just a tradeoff.
Rainbow Dragon

Post by Rainbow Dragon »

I think that a good method to impede great returns on enemy service would be to make the shot not go perfectly in the direction choosen.
Btw this might be applied only in 1vs1 because actually in 2vs2 it's really easy to dodge and smash enemy returns when own m8 serves.
I noticed that one half of the stadium is too light coloured and get me confused with ball color: is it only a my problem, beacuse I disactivate crowd?
gutterflower

Post by gutterflower »

yea its far easier to see when its got the crowd on but its still a bit too bright. blame lehmi. because i quote

"a map shouldnt be built around gameplay"

he says its how pretty it looks that counts :P

i dont want to change the charge volley as many of us have already learnt to use this effectively, and i dont think its too easy to do. the only case it can be used too much is when shots are played right at you.. you have a right to slam them back then..

as for impeding returns. not being able to aim it properly sucks, it means i cant play themn close to the lines as they might just go out.. i dont want that, so far i think if we make it so the ball HAS to bounce before its returned (like real tennis) people will move back more, allowing the server to go to the net first and seize control... because the server is suppsoed to have the control enless beaten to it.

the right shjot cant be used for returning servs, it simply flops..

auto servs will be for the newbs who cant get a serv over the net. when a newb joins a server and cant get the ball over the net its very frustrating if your his partner, at least with auto serv he can throw it over, the serv will be very slow, so if you can use left click its still much better to use as you can make the opposition dodge to where you want them to. and then use that dodge time to get to the net, if you use a slow serv then they can just return it straight off.

also im proud to say that scoring is done *cuddles rens2sea* and its great, :D will come out with next update.

also some other stuff is complete