bugbugbugbugbugbugbug

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

TNSe

Post by TNSe »

GetWeaponStats should get the problems.
NaB

Post by NaB »

unrelated but also annoying is when u pass the ball and try to boost someone immediately after u hear the charge up shot sound instead. so u have to try and hit them again o_O
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

enter gun switch time

yes there is still a gunswitch, theres just no animation :P
The_One

Post by The_One »

TNSe wrote: GetWeaponStats should get the problems.

does capitalisation matter?
KandyFLip

Post by KandyFLip »

I have to agree with Harold here. I've never been one to get the bug as frequently as other people. Just lucky I guess. But, in 1.6 I almost never got it. Now in 1.8 I'm getting it at least once per match. This tells me that, although the root cause may not be DB related, there's something in the DB code that alters the probability of it happening. IMHO it would be well worth it to try to isolate and minimize it.
Stulovesyou

Post by Stulovesyou »

havn't got it once since about 1.4

I think...
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

Surge wrote: if you want to use this string as a bug line:

say Bug, hang on|getweaponstats|fire|bug|say reconnecting|disconnect

that line -should- say bug, hang on, active your weapon stat function, fire the weapon, say reconnecting and disconnect you from the server... if you use reconnect oppsed to disconnect there has to be an empty spot on the server because opposed to leaving and reconnecting UT2003 just trys to open a second connection to the server and then make your original connection close on connect which is retarded.

just add |reconnect to the end and ut will also reconnect at once o/

line would be then

say Bug, hang on|getweaponstats|fire|bug|say reconnecting|disconnect|reconnect
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

i said why that wont work all the time... if you use reconnect in a full game you sort of "crash" to the server select screen and theres no way of getitng back into the game even though your still in it. Hence just using disconnect, opening the console, then typing reconnect manually.
fro

Post by fro »

goldys right, disconnect | reconnect closes the server connection and then opens a new one. since its piped, it gets executed in turn, and saves you typing reconnect.

try it sometime
Surge
Banned

Post by Surge »

oh.. mb.. read it wrong :o
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

wow...he admitted his wrong ^.^
And yeh it works :P i found out yesterday \o/

/me feels so good
f1end

Post by f1end »

KandyFLip wrote: I have to agree with Harold here. I've never been one to get the bug as frequently as other people. Just lucky I guess. But, in 1.6 I almost never got it. Now in 1.8 I'm getting it at least once per match. This tells me that, although the root cause may not be DB related, there's something in the DB code that alters the probability of it happening. IMHO it would be well worth it to try to isolate and minimize it.

I agree, although it IS primarily a UT2003 bug, things in DB DO seem to make it more likely.

(BTW, is it just my imagination, or do servers with "sprint" on crash more than the others?)

P.S. Well pld surge...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

some get it more, some get it less....in this version
in the end its totally random, :|