Important - Deathball 3on3 League

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

That wasn't so much a connotation as a full-on strip show followed by a night of wild rumpy pumpy.
DaBeowulf

Post by DaBeowulf »

It is the same with 'timeplay', that rule should go as well so it gets more fair and fun. Your reasoning for including it seems really sucky if you look at it objectively.
I mean what do you expect the opposing team to do when they are leading in the last two minutes, to not play it save, to carelessly risk losing their hard-earned edge over you, to pass you the ball?
Plus despite what you said you will never be able to convince me that someone can/will judge this in all fairness.

The better and/or more lucky ;) team will win without this rule, okay there probably will be less goals in a match but that does not equal less fun.

But nm the :noob: the most this might bring is him adding himself to the free-agents list or something like that.

Apart from that gg and congratulations on getting such a thing started. \o/
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Ya agreed. It's impossible to fairly judge it when you make up rules like that. The game itself is taking care of it already.
If you don't pressure the enemy, and want him to just give you the ball....fuck you :P
Go pressure him, and give him a reason to release the ball. To be honest, this timeplay moaning is pussy talk to me. Whenever someone used timeplay against me, I couldn't complain at all. They had a lead short before the end, and we couldn't pressure them enough to get the ball, because the time was almost up.

I would ONLY make up rules about pausing, because that's nothing the game itself can control.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

True... although you can still timeplay very lamely tbh and there are still plenty of ways...

e.g. put ball behind net and bounce it now and then so it doesn't reset, defenders kill all...
You might get pressured into releasing the ball eventually, but by that time you probably will have forced plenty defensive errors from the other team and can attempt to punish at your choosing...

So although i agree, i think there is place for a timeplay rule to an extent (otherwise... say hello to lame Danny !)

On a side note... its annoying now that we have a 4 second keeper reset time which doesn't go back to 4 secs if u lose possession. You can make a last sec pass which gets incecepted... its then shot and saved but then the ball resets :( lol
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

i can understand your way, but the timeplay rule will keep on existing, we think that the game wathcing admin can decide wether its timeplay to sentence or wether its a good tactical adcantage short b4 the end...

you surely are allowed to doubt that, but that's the way it goes in our league :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Ya, behind the goal or so, that's something the game doesn't detect. It will before we go full.

But I wont let anyone blame timeplay on me when I stand outside my box with the ball, not giving it away, and they don't even pressure me. Their friggin fault if they don't force me to.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

yeah exactly
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

no1 would sentence this i guess, i mean shootin the ball from 1 side to another for example in your pbox...or smthin...dunno.

if they dont force you its ok, well, you cant really define it, depends on the situation.

well, doesnt even matter since u dont even play =p
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

actually we just made up something against timeplay finally, for next version.

so you can just play, lean back and the balance of the game does all the work.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

you mean beside the sucker, bugs, randomaniac and weired spins ;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

We all know the sucker needs to go, basically.

What randomaniac?

What weird things do the spins do?

What other bugs?
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

whats wrong with the sucker iyo then David ?