My apology!

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

cY|riCo

My apology!

Post by cY|riCo »

Dear Community,

with this thread I want to apoligise for all things that disturbed somebody of the community. I really love to play this game and I love to try out new stuff, but while doing this i forgot to think about my teammates and the people around me in general. Some people maybe didnt care about my style, but i think some of of the people were really pissed of by me, which i can understand now. I personally think that its ok if a whole clan has its own style and tactics, but while playing with a pickup team my hanging and not defending, my egoistical style in general, just wasnt fair for the other players. If i think about it, it would have pissed me off aswell. But i played this style since the first days of deathball and so i wasnt able to see the problem in it. Im sorry for this behaviour.

For those who didnt know it yet, I tried a new beginning under the nickname "Thor". With this identity I wanted to make a new beginning in my db career. But in the end Davidm found out about me. Iam sorry for trying to fake you with this new nick. But I had my reasons, because i realized that some people play different just because they know that they have to play with me. I realized that while analyzing my playstyle aswell.

All in all i want you guys to give me a second chance, give me a chance for a new beginning and help me to realize it. Everyone was friendly to Thor and I want you guys to be the same to the new riCo. And dont be mad at me if i ego sometimes or accidentaly get back into my old habbits. Just give me a nice advise, because its not that easy to change everything within short time. That is why i need you, the community, to help me.

Yours faithfully riCo
Last edited by cY|riCo on 01-04-2007 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

sounds genuine enough to me :)

I have spoken to you about it before so you know what I think ;)

I just hope this really is the start of a new pu rico :D
The_One

Post by The_One »

What's wrong with goal hanging (as long as everyone else gets back)? Best not to go there? >.>

I wondered who Thor was. heh
priior

Post by priior »

who is rico?

;)

everybody deserves at least one chance, no?

the_one, goal hanging is not the problem.. it;s playing for urself instead of the team that's theproblem...
The_One

Post by The_One »

Obviously team play is the essence of Deathball. I was just wondering why goal hanging was pointed out.

Not that it matters. I have no idea what's been going on. xD
Last edited by The_One on 01-04-2007 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

I think a lesson should have been learnt here. Not just by the people involved but everyone ;o
DoMmeh``

Post by DoMmeh`` »

/me votes for rico

daumen hoch
:-)

Post by :-) »

Am I the only person who noticed he made his apology on April Fool's day or is that not celebrated in EuroLand?
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

That fact did not pass unnoticed, but it does hinge on whether or not Germans obey the "no fools past midday" rule. David certainly doesn't (fool that he is :)).

It does seem geuine enough though. Actions speak louder than words however - if rico really wants to be treated better then he just needs to stop hanging so much :P fairly simple.
Last edited by Catalyst on 04-04-2007 02:02, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

:-) wrote: Am I the only person who noticed he made his apology on April Fool's day or is that not celebrated in EuroLand?

LOL, didn't think of that.
Well has nothing to do with it.
Worrying is that I kinda made him post this, because this is the only sane way for a restart ('cuz fake idents never work).
Anyway, it would be a slow process, and people don't seem eager to forgive. The past, in this case, is huge. A lot has happened, excuses similar to this have been there...so it's not so easy to just say "ok get back and we'll all make <3 <3".
People will react allergic to every little ego thing, so he basically has no chance if he doesn't totally change. But this is problematic, because his personality just includes the ego and superstar-gen, which he can't subpress.
He can for a moment, when he's down, but it will come back.

Well I don't know what to do or say. I have no idea.
Catalyst

Post by Catalyst »

There's a difference between sitting waiting for a pass and coming back to defend to "make it happen". The problem I've had with rico in the past is that I've never seen him as a team player - the team has always had to carry him to an extent while he waits upfield for the passes. It's just annoying knowing that you have someone playing on your team who isn't trying hard for the team but merely himself. But in the few games I've played with him recently he's seemed a bit better at that (in 5v5s). It's just a case of not being a cock :P and if you change your playing style people will eventually notice and change their opinion.

Just put the team first.

Oh, and rico... it's always been annoying to have you tell people "I try in clanmatches" when you haven't in pickups...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Ya, agreed with all.

And discussing his tactics with him after the match on IRC, he always made up reasons why they are good for the team etc... instead of just admiting. I mean it's rather obvious, because his team mostly loses anyway....because of him.
GoldenGun

Post by GoldenGun »

AI RICO!

\o/
Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Dont really know what happened .. but very mature of you Rico. Respect!
Suprano

Post by Suprano »

well, will happen something here?
will all stay as it is, will there be a vote, or do the admins rethink their decision,
will anthing happen ?

(i would vote for a vote)

--Ano