1.8 Deflection/bounce - Yes or No?

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Do you like the 1.8 implementation of deflection/bounce?

Yes
26%
No
62%
I don't know
12%

Total votes: 92

MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

Meh i like the idea, just probs with the speed, and only enemy players in the field (not keeper nor own teamies) should be deflecting the ball. That, and I think the_one/surge's wishes are a bit too much. O_o
uberslacker

Post by uberslacker »

seriously, I really can't think of db with this feature still in. before I thought that close up interceptions rewarded good defense with the ball. Leaving this 'feature' in is just crazy.

and look at the poll man, looks pretty one sided to me, even your precious euro players think this is dumb, I truely don't think that the majority of the online db community is wrong when they say that this isn't good for the game.
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

Why don't we do a test. You jump 2 feet in front of me and I'll throw a soccer ball as hard as I can directly at your face.

Will you catch it? Or will it bounce off you?

I for one suggest we test!
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

uberslacker wrote: I truely don't think that the majority of the online db community is wrong when they say that this isn't good for the game.

The majority of the online db community has hardly had the chance to play it since there was such a short betaphase and the version isnt even out that long.

Also the majority is slowly changing their opinions and suggesting ways that might improve this now seemingly useless feature.

Meh i guess davidm will just have to listen to, think about and play around with/test the suggestions and maybe that will improve it X_X

The db community just has to stop shooting down things as soon as they come into the game.
Morning*Star

Post by Morning*Star »

Astroboy wrote: Why don't we do a test. You jump 2 feet in front of me and I'll throw a soccer ball as hard as I can directly at your face.

Will you catch it? Or will it bounce off you?

I for one suggest we test!

since when has db been a realism mod
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

since when has db been a realism mod
ok, then by that logic:

"since when has DB not been bugged? we should not remove bugs" :P

But really I would just like to throw a soccer ball at someone. I've got a killer arm :D
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

OK, to shut everyone up:

If I wanted the ball to bounce off me, I'd hold the fucking passme. Simple as that.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

That's as easy as saying u always want to catch the ball...
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

Exactly my point! It IS that easy because if you're holding passme, you're making a choice. If it always happens if the ball hits you after flying .2 secs, that *isn't* a choice.
Last edited by Chrisfu on 15-07-2003 16:04, edited 1 time in total.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

I guess this is just more a question about opinions about realism vs unrealism (X_X)

Tbh i dont like realism at all, nor playing soccer in real life (being the most relevant sport to deathball), yet i still think this would be a valuable addition to gameplay
Chrisfu

Post by Chrisfu »

I hate realism in online FPS games, love real life football, and hate this new feature.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

I hate realism in online FPS games, like watching real life football, hate playing real life football, and like this new feature if some adjusting can be done.
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

obviously it needs to be adjusted.
MeSSiaH{FCU}

Post by MeSSiaH{FCU} »

pff, got :spammer:?
RaGe*NL*
Banned

Post by RaGe*NL* »

WTF IS DEFLECTION :) sorry havent been here alot *working* so i dont know what it is oO and dont tell me to RTFM (like leefy will) just explain me shortly