MapChange Crash in botmatch 2.4p

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

HimbiJimmy

MapChange Crash in botmatch 2.4p

Post by HimbiJimmy »

Hi there everyone,

First of all: big thx to the creators of this glorious mod!
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing serious problems in botmatch (Deathball 2.4p):
First one or two map changes at the end of the match work, but then unavoidably either the game freezes or it crashes to desktop showing the following error message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2214 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (9131)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::GetFullName <- TestReach <- UObject::GetFullName <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions BallBase[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- UStruct::SerializeBin <- (Class Deathball.DB_BallPositions Next[0]) <- UObject::Serialize <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositions) <- TestReach <- (DB_BallPositions Package.DB_BallPositi

I do have the feeling that the problem seems to show up later (i.e. not after the first map change, but after the second or third) if i immediately skip the final replay of the match.
Still, unfortunately there is no option to switch these replays off completely. Just as there seems to be no option to switch off auto map change after each match in botmatch.

Anyone experiencing similar probs?
Any way to avoid these problems?

I already used the latest patch on UT2004, i have re-installed UT and Deathball several times and I have made sure there are no deathball files in the wrong directories and stuff. Game crashes nonetheless.

Any help would be appreciated! Thx guys!
Goldeneye

Post by Goldeneye »

this is a known bug, that (probably) also crashed the servers regularly. it's caused by some dangling reference and hopefully is fixed next release...

in the meantime to turn off replays set the ReplayAmount (somewhere in the game settings iirc) to 0.
HimbiJimmy

Post by HimbiJimmy »

Okay, thanks for the tip! It seems that the replay amount can not be adjusted in the internal game menu - For anyone who has similar problems: I had to edit deathball.ini in the system folder and change "Replayamount" to 0 as well as set "bEndGameReplays" to "False". At least, now it crashes a bit later - at about the fourth map change. So that doesn't seem to be all there is to this bug.
Thanx anyway!
zupermanzito

Post by zupermanzito »

i had the same crash.... so i stop playing...

btw i hoppe bot improvments this time, and maps.

tbh i dont know where to download those great maps that are on the news page
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

It's exactly one map on the news and it has an obvious download link. What else do you want? :P
zupermanzito

Post by zupermanzito »

i need a :noob: proof download botton something like "click on the red botton to download" :-) jojojo ...

nah just joking, but i will try to find the link..

and mapSSSSSSSS ;) (<--- yeah with a big "s" on the end")
zupermanzito

Post by zupermanzito »

hell yea \o/ now i see the download link, didnt see it before sorry :rolleyes: