Your Opinions on the 'Shake'

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

Adversary

Your Opinions on the 'Shake'

Post by Adversary »

Post what you think:

personally, i think its a good idea. Its not quite perfect yet, but definately worth getting right...

far more positives than negative... although its not really so beginner friendly, but what is in this game :P

I guess people would probably benefit from a higher pass cone setting ?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its far more beginner friendly, because now they at least know why their shot was shit when they fire after getting hit.

if you have trouble not getting the pass lock.....another reason to not get hit in the first place, eh?
because it's also abused...take a hit in order to get a free pass. so thats harder
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

i say make it less extrem in the screenshaking way. its like 100% more nasty then the regular shake
BunnyS

Post by BunnyS »

as a beginner ... ahem cough ahem.....i think it's all fine to have it so you can't control any shot/pass after being hit, it just hurts my head :o lol

feels too disorientating to me :)
I just think it needs to be toned down a bit not as much as it was before, just a ickle bit !

Tis my opinion anyway :)
DI

Post by DI »

I need an aspirine after every damned match :eek:
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

DavidM wrote: its far more beginner friendly, because now they at least know why their shot was shit when they fire after getting hit.
lol, tbh i think it was obvious enough with a bar going across the screen... the shake is just another thing a beginner has to learn to cope with
DavidM wrote: if you have trouble not getting the pass lock.....another reason to not get hit in the first place, eh?

lol, you say it as if its really easy not to get hit... do you know what its like for beginners trying to learn this game ?
DavidM wrote: because it's also abused...take a hit in order to get a free pass. so thats harder

yeah true, but i know thats one of the reasons... I'm just saying it makes the game even harder for beginners. Don't you agree ?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

1) wasn't really obvious. now it is
2) to feel a real shake makes it easier for noobs to learn to not get hit.
i see many noobs still running into enemies taking hit even after weeks. well eli still does it after years. the big effect will prevent (stupid english, can't explain properly in detail...)
3) -> 2

<3
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

/me looks at the wall...
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

ok davidM. lies.

it fuckd up RMB in some way and especially noobs wont use RMB as they could then.

what im speaking about? the locked passes. you cant even pass when you got hit and want to RMB-lock it... how to aim on a teammate to shot your not-shaked rmb when you cant aim at him? noobs wont even try, they will just pass befor got hit all the time oO

know what i mean?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

yup.
it helps here and makes it harder there.
all to a very small extend. not worth worrying so much

it was lowered from 96000 to 80000 btw....as mentioned in the log thread i believe
Messy

Post by Messy »

Maybe set the passing aimcone to a higher default setting for beginners?
beefsack

Post by beefsack »

yeah shake is very exploding, good to hear it was reduced a bit though :o overall its not a bad idea though, but even making the passing cone bigger while you shake so you can get rid of the ball to a teammate would be cool :o
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

we are used to easily fixing being shaken with a backpass via rmb.

its different now...need to think twice about being shaken.
can no longer abuse getting a hit in order to pass maybe.
it's a good tactic change. i was never a big fan of that move anyway
mephistophel

Post by mephistophel »

im going to sue you for epilepsy!
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

if getting hit then sending a pass is a problem, why not just make the pass miss fire, like a dump shot... ?

will have to see how much the shake has been reduced by... its a little too over the top in this version :P