Banana phone

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, amh

Apphex

Banana phone

Post by Apphex »

I officially nominate this song to be the official national anthem of the Notpr0n world.

Maybe it is already; I'm not sure.

If I can't succeed in making it the Notpr0n anthem, I'll settle for some less important country, like the United States or something like that.

Oh yeah, and we would have to rename the country the United Bananas of Bamerica.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

apart from the obviously childish text its a pretty damn well made and performed song. thats why i'm liking it.
i dislike how its being liked for the words etc :s that's what made it famous, but something else makes it stick for me <3

\o/
http://david-m.org/06bananaphone.htm
Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

I could listen to the Banana Phone song for hours and not get bored. \o/
Apphex

Post by Apphex »

I agree with you David in that the text of the lyrics is pretty childish, but I don't understand what you mean about disliking "it being liked for the words etc."

I think that the whole point of music is to appeal to people on a level that can't be summed up in words or categorized by some record-company-paid critic. All that matters is whether it pleases a listener. What sounds wonderful to me may sound awful to you, but that is OK because we know that every song is rewriten in the mind of the listener every time it graces the ears of an observer who has not yet heard the song. The same can be said for any form of art, really. It is all subjective and wonderful that way.
frkyjenn

Post by frkyjenn »

Good god.. you Washingtonians are freaks.

;)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

just that i'm a musician and know why i like this and that and not this and that, unlike most others
Kisa

Post by Kisa »

Pah. I know I dislike Techno music because of the beats and basses that overlay the whole rest of the sound and make my heart try to pound in a pace it doesn't like, I don't need to be musician for that.

There are people who like songs just for their texts. Just like some people prefer nonsense, and some prefer more philosophical texts.
Easy test: make two songs with the same melody, but completely different texts. And see how people react on them.
Shenmue
Certified Finisher

Post by Shenmue »

Techno can be nice if you are on a disco, not if you're sitting home, though. In my point of view. Different music for different occasions. :)

I don't think there are many who prefer nonsense texts, but I know there are some who don't care about the text. I think a song can be good even if the text doesn't mean a thing to me, just as a good text can make a mediocre song much better. :)

I don't remember ever listening to the banana phone, I seldom have sound turned on unless I have to. Perhaps I missed something and should download it, then. :)
Last edited by Shenmue on 01-12-2006 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
KeatingEffect

Post by KeatingEffect »

gimme some lovin by the spencer davis group....

priceless