2.4i

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

phew....this is a tricky thing. curving when its already flying ;)
i have no faith in it, because the ball needs to start curving as soon as it leaves the gun in order to look natural. so you would have to give the curve order within 0.05s after the shot...which isnt enough 0_o
:-)

Post by :-) »

After your done with the Jedi curve power, you should add in the ability to shoot the backwards. Make it come out of your ass and have it be the old green ball. Then convert blocko to 2.4 and use it to replace cube in pickups.
priior

Post by priior »

not so sure about the curve after it;s gone...

but the 9 spot directional icon is what im thinking as well... somewhere in the hud.

the hud needs a makeover anyways.

im also thinking (thanks to orb's initial suggestion) different sounds for the top and back spin.. so u dont have to "look" at the hud to know what spin just got chosen on the ball...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

forget the sound stuff. it makes no sense ;)
a little arrow right in the middle of the screen will do the job
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

:-) wrote: After your done with the Jedi curve power, you should add in the ability to shoot the backwards. Make it come out of your ass and have it be the old green ball. Then convert blocko to 2.4 and use it to replace cube in pickups.

lmfao !

Also im not sure about adding things to the middle of the screen. Off putting and just in the way, just like the vacinity radar.
priior

Post by priior »

well.. the "border" of the middle radar could light up... like:

`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Looks like the old green ball! \o/ Is that the new hud? Looks VERY nice who ever did it.
priior

Post by priior »

lol no..that's the draft hud before it became what it is now! lol
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

btw, your surfacehit sounds are very cool ingame \o/
we even made them become louder when you shoot harder
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

priior wrote: lol no..that's the draft hud before it became what it is now! lol

! lol
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Much prefer the border idea to an arrow in the middle of the screen

I'd like to make a quick suggestion... pretty much everyone has a single mousewheel for spin yes...

so why not have a toggle option for spin.... e.g. initially mousewheel up/down is top/back spin.... but then hold middle mouse button (or another key) and up/down is left/right spin

then you can add top and left spin by e.g. scrolling up then holding the middle mouse button while scrolling up

or i suppose u could use a key to swap between the 2 types of spin

Have you made any changes to the colour changing ball height on the radar ?
I think it would be helpful if you could make it so that the ball not only goes from green to red above you, but goes from green to blue below you
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Your banana control idea makes it all a lot more complicated in my opinion.... we'll try the 1-button solution maybe.

color below you would be rather useless imo, because you are hardly flying over the ball, innit?
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

Seems easier to me than mouse wheel with Q and E ... My idea uses 1 less key :P ... nm forget that one, only a suggestion

But i beg to differ on the radar height colour...
I admit there are few times when u'd need it, but there are some occassions when it would help.

It also makes it more beginner friendly and takes away confusion when you're higher in the air, boosted or keeping etc.

Still not convinced ? bah...!

Hmm i've forgotten how helpful the ball height from your own height was.... maybe you could make it optional in the hud menu ?
The_One

Post by The_One »

Are the stats gonna get fixed? A lot of the awards just don't work. I realise they're only a bit of fun but, for example, chance waster is plain wrong. A player that scores 8 and misses 3 is marked lower than someone who fails to score and misses 2.
Last edited by The_One on 10-09-2006 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
priior

Post by priior »

i think most ppl agree the topspin/backspin is a great idea.. has brought a nice dimension to the game..

and i think everyone agrees the way it is now.. unless u have a funkyass mouse.. the keys are pretty complex. (new player unfriendly kind of complex)

so.. everyone shoudl give their ideas on how it could be made easier.

the one button toggle would make things easier.. but it will be hard for quick response hits.

maybe make it so u cant combine left/right spin with top/back?

donno.. just ideas..