vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well my only requests that aren't on that list are:

- lessen lessen lessen lessen sprint time

- lessen lessen lessen lessen volume of crowds in maps
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

DavidM wrote: I'll say it again and again and again

There are 2 catch sounds, one all hear, and one that only the catcher hears, its the sound of the lil green thing on the weapon going up.

Now stop complaining about that, there are so many clues.
The icon appears in the hud, the green thing on the weapon, the radar, the sound, you have eyes....enough

I tested it again on a bot match and the sound of me grabbing the ball and the bot grabbing the ball were identical. I passed back and forth like 15 times to be sure and they were.
vF_Zonk

Post by vF_Zonk »

just make it so u hear NOTHING when other people catch the ball. That'll make people happy
Willei

Post by Willei »

Theres going to be replays in 1.8 right?

I think it'd be cool if good saves got replays as well. Like find out if a shot going a certain speed was saved by the keeper or something. It'd be cool to see it on the big screen, since you wouldn't be able to stop the match to watch it.

Also, how about a highlights demo at the end consisting of all the replays :D

Note: I'm obsessed with replays.
Willei

Post by Willei »

Also, when I run the game through deathball.exe, my framerate is limited to 40 FPS for some reason, which makes it very hard to play. I've not heard anyone else talk abou this, so it might only affect me. In which case, don't bother, since it works fine when run through ut2003.exe :D
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

Willei wrote: Also, when I run the game through deathball.exe, my framerate is limited to 40 FPS for some reason, which makes it very hard to play. I've not heard anyone else talk abou this, so it might only affect me. In which case, don't bother, since it works fine when run through ut2003.exe :D

Check your settings in the network tab. Sounds like its set to dialup in the deathball.ini
Onge

Post by Onge »

Willei, I'm obsessed with replays too, but feel only the goals should be shown for the time being...Let's get that right before adding other options...
Robotojon

Post by Robotojon »

guys, when you catch the ball, an icon appears right in the middle of your screen and then goes down to the bottom right corner. You must be blind or stupid to miss this. Maybe cause i play with no weapons showing (n00b gfx card) , but i really have never had a problem telling if i have the ball or not (apart from when i need it as an excuse to why i got pwned)
Willei

Post by Willei »

Robotojon wrote: guys, when you catch the ball, an icon appears right in the middle of your screen and then goes down to the bottom right corner. You must be blind or stupid to miss this. Maybe cause i play with no weapons showing (n00b gfx card) , but i really have never had a problem telling if i have the ball or not (apart from when i need it as an excuse to why i got pwned)
I think its due to the fact that before, it used to change weapons, which was very noticable. A little tab popping up is less noticable, if you are not used to watching out for the icon. I don't think it's really a problem worth addressing, as people will get used to it in time...
Alars

Post by Alars »

Sycophant wrote: From to 2Cool's done list:

The first 0.3 seconds after the ball is shot, it bounces away when it hits a player.

omg yes!!!! i suggested this!!!!

w00tness nice1 2cool!!

Alars
Last edited by Alars on 04-07-2003 13:52, edited 1 time in total.
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

Alars_Crabri wrote: omg yes!!!! i suggested this!!!!

w00tness nice1 2cool!!

Alars

:lol: Thank you
Alars

Post by Alars »

Alars_Crabri wrote: Surge, where it is at the moment is just about equivalent with professional soccer/football. Only the best strikers can actually get the ball past the keeper for a goal from long range. This is where DB is atm. most scoring shots on goal come from just outside the pbox.

which brings me to an idea......say the ball is travelling mighty fast at a defending player from an attackers volley or shot (volleys within 25m and 95%+ powered shots within 20m) and the defender catches it. CRAP - i say have a deflection system so it bounces of the defender much like a body volley but in some random direction. This is what pros try to do in soccer/football - why not in DB?

PS i realise that may require extensive coding but then again i am just rambling....

there's proof! :D

Alars
DaJero

Post by DaJero »

To-do list updated, check the last item on the done/fixed list :D
Alars

Post by Alars »

so what was causing the floor lag?
Scotteh

Post by Scotteh »

I hear a lot of people complain about when the person charges up for a shot but I can hear it just fine. It's not as noticable as it used to be but I really like how it is now. I know its hard for keeps to hear it, so I suggest that the only the keeper hears a louder charge up noise while the rest of the players hear how it is now.