Sucks, db needs a new designer
23%
I'm Shev
15%

Total votes: 40

fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

[-SoP-]ATB wrote: yea, free for us. remember when the Deathball team was actually awarded money?

And it would still if ut2004 wasnt such an arse game i.m.o
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

Its not an arse game.
T3rm1n4T0r
Banned

Post by T3rm1n4T0r »

Desaster wrote: Yeah I will leave non VO for a while, but my assumption is that the people won't play anymore on the server.

Most of them moving to an other VO server and waiting in spec if they can't play.

---
If I get soon some time i will add U2Vote to the serverand allows 12 players.

But Small-Cube is just votable if there are less then 9 people on the server.
May this help and we could play again some matches on big maps.

But we will see, I assume that non vo will swap player from thc65.

Wtf? Why do you want to set the max player slots to 12? That's ridiculous. Have you ever thought about why people play on your server? They want to play SmallCube or other small maps but never any big ones. Since you can imagine what will happen I will tell you. 8 players on SmallCube is the very maximum. If you enable more slots people will join and play about 5 minutes and see that it's not fun to play with 10 or 12 people. No one would ever vote a big map like Cube then. In case the map got changed to a big one, half of the players would just quit because they don't want to play this shit and then you have a DB-Cube with 6 people running. Great!
Next thing is no vo. You have no idea what is going on on the server the few times you play on it. It's all about laming. If anyone gets pissed the start to score no vo. Other people like Noko do this right from the beginning and people go spec because they want to play vo.
Yesterday we were playing 2vs2 and had 4 spectators saying that they won't join until all play VO. I the improbable case that all people have agreed to play vo it is so fucking annoying if you score no vo by accident. The does happen quite often, especially when you play 2vs2. You can't charge up and play a pass to a goal any more because your teammate may miss the ball and then the ball goes in with a fucking easy no vo shot.

I have spoken to some of the people playing on your server and they all want to play vo only. So WHERE is the problem to just put this fucking vo mutator on your server. Why do you even thought about switching to no vo if it was fine before?
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Next time read my reasoning before you puke out your comments ;)
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

`Ghost` wrote: Its not an arse game.

Tbh, deathball couldn't get 2.0 same as 1.9b, because of 2004... and i believe faghat wouldnt of fucked it up if the conversion was accurate
Desaster

Post by Desaster »

T3rm1n4T0r wrote: Wtf? Why do you want to set the max player slots to 12? That's ridiculous. Have you ever thought about why people play on your server? They want to play SmallCube or other small maps but never any big ones. Since you can imagine what will happen I will tell you. 8 players on SmallCube is the very maximum. If you enable more slots people will join and play about 5 minutes and see that it's not fun to play with 10 or 12 people. No one would ever vote a big map like Cube then. In case the map got changed to a big one, half of the players would just quit because they don't want to play this shit and then you have a DB-Cube with 6 people running. Great!
Next thing is no vo. You have no idea what is going on on the server the few times you play on it. It's all about laming. If anyone gets pissed the start to score no vo. Other people like Noko do this right from the beginning and people go spec because they want to play vo.
Yesterday we were playing 2vs2 and had 4 spectators saying that they won't join until all play VO. I the improbable case that all people have agreed to play vo it is so fucking annoying if you score no vo by accident. The does happen quite often, especially when you play 2vs2. You can't charge up and play a pass to a goal any more because your teammate may miss the ball and then the ball goes in with a fucking easy no vo shot.

I have spoken to some of the people playing on your server and they all want to play vo only. So WHERE is the problem to just put this fucking vo mutator on your server. Why do you even thought about switching to no vo if it was fine before?
We will see,tommorow i switch to 12 slots and if this makes no sense and swap player from the server, i will switch back to 6 slots....
`Ghost`

Post by `Ghost` »

fb.shev wrote: Tbh, deathball couldn't get 2.0 same as 1.9b, because of 2004... and i believe faghat wouldnt of fucked it up if the conversion was accurate

Wasn't a conversion imo, but I do agree hes a faghat :lol:
T3rm1n4T0r
Banned

Post by T3rm1n4T0r »

Desaster wrote: We will see,tommorow i switch to 12 slots and if this makes no sense and swap player from the server, i will switch back to 6 slots....

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo? Switch back to VOLLEY ONLY!!!
Please go to the server. Everyone is fucking around. I couln't play a proper match since it is no vo. There is ALWAYS someone who fucks up the whole game. In addition most of the people who were playing before on the server do not play anymore there. There are only some fuckers left.
It's so obvious that this happens...
Titanium

Post by Titanium »

vo must die.
Ker]v[et

Post by Ker]v[et »

T3rm1n4T0r wrote: Hellooooooooooooooooooooo? Switch back to VOLLEY ONLY!!!
Please go to the server. Everyone is fucking around. I couln't play a proper match since it is no vo. There is ALWAYS someone who fucks up the whole game. In addition most of the people who were playing before on the server do not play anymore there. There are only some fuckers left.
It's so obvious that this happens...

Fucking around? Scoring not VO? I see no difference in volleying on an empty goal or shoting at it.
How about Keep against shot's
How about Defend & Mark players (i know def on pub? LoL)
How about with vo its no proper match either
If that hand full of VO lovers leave, who cares :(
90% of the pub'lers playing attack all over the time (if they dont have to keep for the moment) thanks to scube spamming and VO

Just go play, try to avoid normal goals and do VO'ones yourself. wahts the problem? cant stand to lose against regular goals? eh?

bla
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

That's rather well said by Kerm.
VO has nothing to do with Deathball. It just allows all players to be egoistic, and they don't even need to defend (etc etc etc).
Losing the VO-ers ain't no problem, they aren't many. The whole point of this is, to get new players in, who will certainly run away if all cry "VO".
T3rm1n4T0r
Banned

Post by T3rm1n4T0r »

Ker]v[et wrote: Fucking around? Scoring not VO? I see no difference in volleying on an empty goal or shoting at it.
How about Keep against shot's
How about Defend & Mark players (i know def on pub? LoL)
How about with vo its no proper match either
If that hand full of VO lovers leave, who cares :(
90% of the pub'lers playing attack all over the time (if they dont have to keep for the moment) thanks to scube spamming and VO

Just go play, try to avoid normal goals and do VO'ones yourself. wahts the problem? cant stand to lose against regular goals? eh?

bla

You don't play on pubs so STFU. You have no idea what's going on.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Stop the swear words, ignorant and pubescent acting on my forum please.
Criticism is wanted and fine, but this style isn't.
Thanks for your understanding.
Adversary

Post by Adversary »

I would have thought this only goes to show what u shud expect anyway... if you're playin pub, 90% of people will just want to attack... vo or not... pub will b pub

Public servers aren't really a great place for new players... vo or not... theres too much to learn... everyone cares about winning too much, not about getting balanced teams or anything else, so u can bet a beginner won't be helped out by some people... more so moaned at for not defending, boosting, passing, tackling, scoring, etc. etc. rather than advised

You dont' offer enough to new players… I mean what do can you do…?

Read the loading screen messages – gotta be popular :p
Practice offline/Play 'bot' matches, ‘Learn’ from pub experience, Download & watch your old basics tutorial…
(oh yeah… play pickup ;) haha :p )

If you really want to help new players, why don’t you have an in game tutorial ? Whats the reason ? Surely it would be worth it... I mean there isn't even a single training map with the latest version...
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I explained the basic problem of the game in the video thread, if you care.

Why we have no tutorial?
The script is written for years (!) and we even have the tutorial voice over done for years (!) by a professional voice actor. But we never got down to coding it, because other things always had a higher priority, and this tutorial is a hell lot of work!