1.7b / 1.8 Wishlist

Everything about Death Ball.

Moderators: Jay2k1, DavidM, The_One

DavidM

Post by DavidM »

only you hear your catch sound chick
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

The total amount of sprint in the bar needs to be halved at least.

At the moment on a full bar of sprint you can run from one end of small cube to the other. You can also run from the back wall of new tribun to the halfway line on a full bar of sprint.

This is massively excessive and needs to be lower significantly, especially if you cant get jumps draining sprint back in for a while.
Large Potato

Post by Large Potato »

DavidM wrote: only you hear your catch sound chick

When i'm playing I hear other ppl catching the ball.

edit: Started a 1v1 bot match and passed it to the opposition bot, i heard him catching it every time. (same sound as when i catch it)
Last edited by Large Potato on 03-07-2003 15:45, edited 1 time in total.
Onge

Post by Onge »

only you hear your catch sound chick
Well how about making it a sound which doesn't sound like the sound you hear when someone else catches the ball. A Buzz sound maybe? A Ding? Not a click...
Astroboy

Post by Astroboy »

vertically volleys seem harder, like for example if the ball is on the ground and I aim up a bit I can't hit the ball anymore.

But otherwise keeper volleys seem to be OK. The hammer's range for hitting the ball seems to be different than that of hitting people, but whatever.
Chick-kun

Post by Chick-kun »

DavidM wrote: only you hear your catch sound chick

am i hearing things then?
Onge

Post by Onge »

Also add post sounds and cams to Ship or is that no longer an official map anymore? I quite like it... :/
Armagon

Post by Armagon »

There is a bug in ship that would need to be fixed as well. One of the goal volumes is popping out of the goals.
I suppose I could update DB-Ship if nobody else will (you may have noticed I already did DB-Smallcube and DB-Tribun from 1.6). It really depends if I cbf doing it, because I'm already working on my own map.
Last edited by Armagon on 03-07-2003 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
f1end

Post by f1end »

Nice 1 with 1.7 :) renewed my enjoyment of deathball

1 change no 1 has mentioned yet that i would like to see is to lower the speed at which the ball has to be going b4 u catch it while right click is held down...i can't do my cheeky little knock-on nudges over people anymore :/
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

5 muts and...:

boost goals an option (w/ever it is when u hold pass when u get the pass :) i forget)

Dribbling an option (in w/ the dribbles, out with the new slo-mo ballhandling. would speed up gameplay a lil imho w/ it on)

Quadjump-n0n n00bified an option

Boosting teammates takes off 10-30% life (depending on # of jumps) an option (im going overboard there i guess. might be nice tho. good deterrent to boost spam. If you're nearly dead you might not want the boost downfield ;). maybe goalie boost damage at 0 since that won't get u past mid-field on the cubish maps. plus players dying while getting launched thru the air would be funnier than boost spam)

boosting distance in-game selectable option from 150% to 50% relative to what u have it as now

pr0n mute that makes your ping better while d/l'ing pr0n. and a built-in beverage holder. i can dream, can't i?

all those (especially pr0n mute :)) would make 1.8 the deathball to get.
Last edited by Jerkoff on 03-07-2003 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

DavidM wrote:

- Get puddles back in db-November .

will be done

- Fix some issues with Smallcube (ball gets stuck on invisible ledge around the upper perimiter).

Small cube - Cam2 has two tracks set at 0. Sometimes myself and others get serious lag when looking up in small cube. This happens sometimes and only when when viewing the sky. Not sure if it's related to the cam, server, or something else. I have had this on different servers. I have seen other complain of it when I don't have it. Weird. Small cube is the only map this has happened on that I know of.

Cube- not a big deal but you have old screenshots in the preview.

Turbin- the pillars have a visible gap between the halfs. I also don't see what all the antiportals in the perimeter rocks are doing. It doesn't look like they will completely block anything and keep it from being rendered.
Jerkoff

Post by Jerkoff »

and make an option to pick different kinds of shield guns to choose from before the game! lol. if only you could get a modeler/skinner to do it tho :p. A chicken or a vacuum cleaner (both w/ custom sounds, lol) would be hilarious. Or a bazooka to show fools who's boss. bio-gun and original shield gun would be cool too. Probably would be too hard to do tho unless you can transfer/copy the current gun's settings over to another one, considering how many versions it took for the wep switch time to be right :D. just a funny idea, thx
Last edited by Jerkoff on 03-07-2003 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

I'll say it again and again and again

There are 2 catch sounds, one all hear, and one that only the catcher hears, its the sound of the lil green thing on the weapon going up.

Now stop complaining about that, there are so many clues.
The icon appears in the hud, the green thing on the weapon, the radar, the sound, you have eyes....enough
Twigstir

Post by Twigstir »

2COOL4-U wrote: for all fixes/things on my to do list visit: http://2cool.free.fr/deathball_todo.html

Very nice 2cool4-U. It's a great idea to acknowledge the issuse you have fixed or know about. The PhysicsVolume-paincausing doesn't work anymore was pissing me off just because myself and other metioned it and DavidM replied it was a map error and never said another word.
Onge

Post by Onge »

The issue is that I cannot tell the difference between the unique sound and the everybody sound. They're too similiar!