15%

Total votes: 40

DavidM

2.4h thread

Post by DavidM »

check http://www.deathball.net news for the details
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

voted ok... just the only thing i still am a bit :( is when the keep kicks all away when you try and do fancy stuff :(
StRaFe

Post by StRaFe »

apart from that its nice <3
Orney

Post by Orney »

its kicks balls, nice work rly, i enjoy it \o/
Gurbie

Post by Gurbie »

I like it!
fb.shev
Banned

Post by fb.shev »

its the better version of the 2.4's. improvement. but still boring, and you still don't answer questions. oh well.
The_One

Post by The_One »

"-Bounces and dribblings no more cause volley delays (so you can finally stop these 'bounce along the wall" tricks)."

'bout time.

"-No more server crashes during map change in matches with replays on"

Hard to believe.

"-"Volley only" and "no self volleys allowed" removed. Because it's ruining public servers and makes the game inaccessible for beginners. It scares them away, because it's too complicated to start with volleying only."

There'll be a vo mut in less than a week.

"-Added DB-November"

woo!
Last edited by The_One on 21-08-2006 02:07, edited 1 time in total.
Fragger

Post by Fragger »

Davidm catered for keepers for the first time in db history
Lal_wtf

Post by Lal_wtf »

/o\
Only just registered on the forums now, but I've been checking up on them pretty infrequently before now.
I agree with David on the matter that new players may find "volleys only" confusing, and it is a shame that server admins did not take action when David requested.

But the experience is not down to whether the server has volleys on or not, a lot of the time it's the atmosphere, and making the new player feel welcome. I go out of my way to say "Nice shot" or "Nice save" when they do something right, but I can't say that for all players, as some display an elitist attitude while playing, putting players down. (I've been on the receiving end of this many a time, believe me XD).
A change of attitude is much harder to bring about than a change in server settings, obviously, but it's just a thought.

When I started playing deathball in ut2k3, I started on non-volley servers, and it was great fun. I didn't discover VO until a lot later down the line.
But there was an abundance of servers and players back then, so finding and playing in a non-VO server was easy.

If only we could get this latest deathball installment onto the front page of fileplanet or something, we would get an influx of new players... If only.;).

Anyway, sorry for the essay.
I like the new patch, but I don't like the lack of VO as you may of guessed. All the other additions are great in my opinion.
It's a pity that european servers with decent pings and no password (like gko and thc) host the new patch so we can all learn to love it.

Ta,
Lal
The_One

Post by The_One »

They may not update now vo's been removed. I'm a pessimist.
Desaster

Post by Desaster »

i'll install h on the thc65 server, although i was not pretty surprised that vo was removed.

maybe someone could make a votable vo mutator, that you can play vo if 80% want it, i would appreciate that. :)
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

its no surprise that there will be a vo mutator in a few days. thats part of my plan....cuz its inavoidable. but the server admins now know i'm serious about this, because it definetely prevents DB from becoming bigger.
Lal_wtf

Post by Lal_wtf »

Thanks desaster, just hope you don't get bitched at about your server not being VO anymore (until that mutator comes out anyway). But who knows, we all might love "normal" db! :lol:
EsorcismoNJD

Post by EsorcismoNJD »

http://web.njit.edu/~amp8/files/VOMutator.zip

A few days my ass...

P.S. This is a gametype despite the name of the file =)
Desaster

Post by Desaster »

2.4h is fine btw, beside that flashing effects, the new middle radar with the ball color is great.

i'll leave it no-vo running for a while....